PDA

View Full Version : Only in America

aquatictec
10/11/2011, 02:08 PM
I guess I am allowed to post now but any posts on the c-sea.org forum defending myself are deleted shortly after I post them,
This is a reply I posted on the c-sea.org forum this morning. It was deleted shortly after that and I received an email from moderator 1 (this is not mike) which follows immediately afterwards.

The current president C-Sea, Mike wrote on their .org forum:

"But, from an episode during the early part of last year Greg posted a group buy of his own as or to sound and
look like one of the club's official C-Sea group buy program posts. Moderation sent Greg a friendly message that
the post was edited to maintain the exact message and content short of looking and appearing exactly like the
club's official group buy.
Greg's reaction? He scolded us and said we had no right to edit his post without his permission. And he went
further to threaten to sue C-Sea and to sue yours truely because he knew that I was the head of the moderation
crew. He then told us to completely remove the post entirely. The exact language and transcription of the gory
details are still in last year's BOD forum."

I wrote:

“May I defend myself without getting edited?

The moderator was Mike. I asked if we could offer a group buy to the club and was told NO. I asked why and was told the club had an exclusive deal with another vendor. I dealt with several people via email. I believe they were all Mike under different aliases. I told them that it wasn't in the best interest of the club to refuse other offers. I was told I could post an offer on our now removed sponsor forum. I did and called it a C-SEA group buy and was informed that it was not sanctioned by C-SEA and I could not use their name. I told them that it was for C-SEA members and they told me not to use the C-SEA name. I was told the board of directors stood behind
him. Mike called me and we did not get anywhere with the issue. Mike was not president at the time so I talked to other club officers and had a officially sanctioned C-SEA group buy.
I did not threaten C-SEA or yours truly (Mike)

Greg Smith”

After it was deleted I received this email from moderator1:

“Please know that at this time this is a WARNING to you. All posts of this nature are not be alllowed to be posted in the forum by commercial members;
Per commercial membership constitutional by-law- passed by 100 % majority vote at the September 20, 2011 meeting at the CMZ, " Commercial members MAY NOT vote on club issues and since commercial members cannot vote on club issues: This post leans towards conflict of interest on this policy." A posting of this Per commercial membership constitutional by-law- passed by 100 % majority vote at the September 20, 2011 meeting at the CMZ, " Commercial members MAY NOT vote on club issPlease ues and since commercial members cannot vote on club issues: This post leans towards conflict of interest on this policy."

This is not Mike”