PDA

View Full Version : polyps in poor shape

mtaswt
10/12/2011, 03:15 PM
I know there are countless issues that could be present, but can you give me some insights as to what I should be looking for?

I have several acans and really none of them look too great.....they never extend they feeding tenacles anymore and they aren't really puffed up. I have a candy cane that has lost one of it's polyps, and an open brain that is about to bite the dust. All of my parameters are within their respective range (I don't have exact values right now), but I can assure you that they are ok. My lights (T5) are nearing the one year mark--could that be the issue? Everything seemed to be on track two months ago, but lately not so much. I can't seem to keep an SPS alive, but most other corals (softies) seem to be doing ok. I have some zoa's that are multiplying daily!

I almost feel like throwing in the towel and jumping ship, although I wouldn't really think about doing such a thing. I just want to figure out what is going on! Any ideas in what I should look for?

Thank you--Matthew

psyrob
10/12/2011, 03:25 PM
Well, with just this info, maybe your water is too "dirty", high in nutrients...It looks like you have a high bioload with the fish....any algae problems? also, maybe your brain and acans are starving, not getting enough food...do you feed the brain?

JohnnyRI
10/12/2011, 03:28 PM
Your lights may need to be changed.

Need parameters and more info for better help