PDA

View Full Version : Stocking suggestions for 105g?

Jimbob.
10/13/2011, 03:16 PM
Have a 42x24x24 with a 40x18x18 sump.

Looking for some suggestions RE the stock.

So far the list is

Pair of (Undecided) Clownfish
Bicolor Blenny
An undecided Wrasse (Fairy or Flasher)

Don't want any Angel as it'll be an LPS dominated tank.

Jimbob.
10/14/2011, 08:39 AM
Anyone :D

Playerdrm
10/14/2011, 09:04 AM
Really comes down to personal preference and though it's 105g the 42" length really limits most the fish I like. With the depth though should make for a nice looking tank =)

reeferstace
10/14/2011, 09:38 AM
Anthias, blennies, cardinals, dartfish, gobies, etc.

SecretiveFish
10/14/2011, 09:39 AM
Perhaps a Kole Tang or Tomini Tangs, a pink spotted watchman goby and a hawkfish of some sort (flame, longnose, or swallowtail). Though the hawkfish may keep you from having ornamental shrimp.

jcw
10/14/2011, 09:45 AM
there are some beautiful reef safe angels...

A bellus is a nice looking fish. The one I have is in a 6ft 125g but it mostly hunts and pecks a little more like a dwarf. But swims all over the tank. At the VERY beginning it was pacing and I started feeeling sorry for it. But it has adapted very well and is FAAAAAATTTT.

I saw your previous mimic tang thread. I also have one and it swims across the tank more so than the bellus. I think leaving that one alone is the best.

I love how flame wrasses swim.

I think a couple anthias would do fine in that size tank. They don't really swim around much. Ignitus or dispars are pretty mellow.

Personally, I do not like my spotted cardinalfish, but some from that family would be OK. maybe the smaller ones.

Jimbob.
10/14/2011, 10:09 AM
I don't consider any Angel truly reef safe, i'd love one (Potters) but i'm not prepared to take the risk in an LPS dominated system. I know Genicanthus Angels are generally considered reef safe but i don't like the Bellus and i don't know any others from that genus other than the Personatus and i don't have a spare house to sell... :lol:

I'd love 3 Lyretail Anthias though.