PDA

View Full Version : Help Duncans are looking bad

philosophile
10/13/2011, 06:42 PM
So I thought initially it was GFO irritation... But its been a couple of weeks now, and my duncans look worse... I've removed the GFO, I'm running carbon, and they are pulled in as far as possible, pulled into the skeleton.

When I took out the GFO, my alkalinity dropped like a rock, even though I was dosing Kalk. So I've been trying to get my water params back to normal with lots of water changes... But things are pretty swingy right now. One day Alk will be really high, the next it'll be rock bottom. Current dKH is 11. Its been as low as 4. Mag is at 1200, and Ca is at 360. (I'm trying to get it up, but I play with one, and everything else goes nuts.)

To balance the Alk I've been dosing baking soda, Mag, Tech M, calcium Kent part A. I've never stopped dosing kalk..

I've also noticed that temp of my tank was a little high 82F, so I turned down my heater to 79F.

But I'm really at a loss at this point. I keep doing WC (Reef Crystals) and nothing seems to be helping. Should I stop doing WCs? Stop running Carbon? Stop Kalk? Should I try to feed it? (there are no tentacles sticking out for food to stick to).