PDA

View Full Version : Color Changing DI resin

gte539f
10/14/2011, 06:23 PM
My resin started changing color but the TDS reading from the output of the final DI stage was still zero. I changed the resin anyway. What does everybody else do, replace it when it starts changing color or wait until the TDS reading is non zero?

jeff@zina.com
10/14/2011, 06:36 PM
Wait until non-zero. I start checking when the color starts to change, as well as make sure I have more DI resin.

Jeff

smoothound
10/14/2011, 08:42 PM
I use the same thing i wait until my meter goes up then i change good luck.

zigzag1
10/14/2011, 08:47 PM
+1 Mine gives 0 tds long after the color change. Still great water!

Agu
10/14/2011, 09:06 PM
My resin started changing color but the TDS reading from the output of the final DI stage was still zero. I changed the resin anyway. What does everybody else do, replace it when it starts changing color or wait until the TDS reading is non zero?

You do realize the color starts changing at the input end and continues to change down the canister until all the resin is depleted ?

droth335
10/15/2011, 07:25 AM
You do realize the color starts changing at the input end and continues to change down the canister until all the resin is depleted ?

+1 - exactly what I was thinking. Mine takes several weeks from the time it starts to change until it is exhausted (e.g. TDS starts to climb)

Chris2223
10/15/2011, 07:51 AM
+1 I wait untill I get a reading on my meter. The TDS in my area is pretty low, like 28... my resin fully changed colors 2 months ago and I am still reading zero lol I check every week to make sure it is still zero before I use it.

JMartin104
10/15/2011, 08:33 AM
Wait until non-zero. I start checking when the color starts to change, as well as make sure I have more DI resin.

Jeff

And, my resin color never fully changes before I have to change it out. At about 3/4 color change, my TDS go over 0 and then it's a change for me.

falconut
10/15/2011, 10:46 AM
I do like the others and change the resin when the levels are no longer 0. Mine will start showing TDS before it has changed completely. Sometimes I'll just change out the resin that has changed color, if it's only half changed. As long as I'm getting 0, I'm good.