PDA

View Full Version : Zoas dissappearing?

Lwhite
10/15/2011, 11:15 AM
Hey all quick question.

I just got done doing a 3 day lights out for cyano, and at the end of it now have noticed that my colony of eagle eyes is disappearing from the bottom up. There are still a few polyps where the colony used to be (nice and open) and it is spreading out onto the rockwork. Nothing has changed except that lights out period in probably 6 months (no new additions) and my other two colonies are showing absolutely no problems.

Will get pictures up when i have a chance.

Thoughts?

Lwhite
10/15/2011, 11:27 AM
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h479/Lukeewh/meltingzoas.jpg

Here is the picture. The colony used to extend all the way down through the base.

Lwhite
10/15/2011, 11:28 AM
Sorry bout the poor picture. All I have is a point and shoot.

Lwhite
10/15/2011, 12:26 PM
Other thought was that I did just upgrade to a 250w MH, so I moved the colony down to the substrate to see if it was light shock that was causing the problem. I plan on leaving it down there for up to a month to see what happens unless I hear otherwsie.

usatennisfan
10/15/2011, 05:03 PM
Eunice worm?

Lwhite
10/15/2011, 10:11 PM
I havent seen one, flashlighting late at night hasnt shown up anything. Still no idea, I am hoping that it is light shock and tyhe colony just recovers... It wouldnt make sense that a predator would just feed one the eagle eyes would it? Are they that finicky?

usatennisfan
10/16/2011, 01:56 PM
One of the employees at my lfs had a eunice that took things in waves. She would notice snails missing for a week or so, then some softies, then a small fish, all taking place over months. If it is a eunice you may not see it at all or if you do weeks and weeks between feedings.