PDA

View Full Version : APEX Not Working After Sump Flood

cm11599ps
10/16/2011, 03:51 PM
I was attempting to clean some things on my tank today so I shut the return pump in my sump off and walked away for a minute. When I came back to the room the sump had flooded and the entire tank was off. It turns out that the siphon break hole I drilled on my return line got clogged somehow to my tank drained all the way down to the return into the tank, thus overflowing my sump. The resulting flood tripped the GFI for the tank. Kind of ironic that my goal was to clean things up today just to PREVENT a flood in the first place.

I've spent the last few hours drying the floor and cleaning out the things I wanted to clean today. I finally flipped the breaker back on and plugged the APEX back in the wall. My devices came back on but I have nothing on my displays. Two energy bars under the tank are blinking yellow. A third energy bar is blinking green. A PM1 and a PM2 are both blinking yellow. The devices plugged in to all of the energy bars seem to be working.

Any ideas?

aquamanic
10/16/2011, 05:05 PM
I imagine the devices you think are working are because their outlets are in fallback mode.

Assume you've restarted the controller a couple of times ? If not, try that.

Might need to reload your firmware.

cm11599ps
10/16/2011, 06:12 PM
I imagine the devices you think are working are because their outlets are in fallback mode.

Assume you've restarted the controller a couple of times ? If not, try that.

Might need to reload your firmware.

How can I restart it? I have nothing on the display. I've tried to login via the ip address but still nothing. iPhone app, nothing. FWIW, I did update the firmware last weekeknd to fix an issue I had with the probes not giving a reading.

It's tough to see under my cabinet but I do see some solid green lights by the probe inputs. The status light on the apex unit itself is completely blank. No light at all.

aquamanic
10/16/2011, 07:10 PM
unplug it from power (either an EB8 or 12v ), wait 10 sec, then plug in the USB cable. See if that will cause it to boot up.

cm11599ps
10/16/2011, 07:58 PM
unplug it from power (either an EB8 or 12v ), wait 10 sec, then plug in the USB cable. See if that will cause it to boot up.

Yeah, did that. I had all the EB's out for extended periods but it never came back on.

FWIW, I have the base unit but I did order the light version a few weeks later just to get another display and another energy bar. I swapped out the head units and I now have my display back and probe readings again, but of course no programming. It's been a long day. All of my outlets have their default label names so I had to go through each and every outlet and make sure the essentials are set to manual on. Everything else is set to off to be on the safe side.

I'll try to put the original head unit back on tomorrow and see what happens.

cm11599ps
10/17/2011, 04:28 PM
I've been going back and forth with Curt and the latest thing was for me to send the unit n for repair. Oh well. I hope to back up and running soon enough.