PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Reef Foundation ABC+

89Foxbody
10/16/2011, 08:43 PM
Anyone here using this stuff? I got a tub of it to try on a recommendation from a friend. Seems pretty straightforward, might be a good alternative to using 2 part. I have TLF C-Balance right now. Does anyone have any feedback?

RedSea Aviad
10/16/2011, 11:32 PM
Good evening,
Check this out:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2082353
I hope some of it will be useful.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask me on Red Sea’s Forum (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php).

Have a great week,
Aviad

bertoni
10/17/2011, 10:22 PM
It seems to be fairly similar to Tropic Marin Bio Calcium. This type of supplement can work well.

SpaceSea
03/04/2012, 11:02 AM
It seems to be fairly similar to Tropic Marin Bio Calcium. This type of supplement can work well.

Hi,

I still have 1/2 can of 'Tropic Marin Bio Calcium' can I add water (salt or RODI) for usage with dosing pump ? if so in which ratio ?

Is there any equivallent in liquide form for dosing pump ?

PS: I have a nano, so no need 100% efficiency when adding water.

Thx

Randy Holmes-Farley
03/04/2012, 11:52 AM
No. It must be added to the aquarium as a dry powder. That's one of its drawbacks.

SpaceSea
03/05/2012, 06:40 PM
No. It must be added to the aquarium as a dry powder. That's one of its drawbacks.

Hi Randy,

Many thanks for you intervention.

I have done some research and I know that dissolve 'Tropic Marin Bio Calcium' or 'RS Foundation abc+' in RO water has to be avoided even in small percentage - because calcium-alk saturation in RO-tap water are very very low and may transform to salt (?).

But how about dissolving 'Tropic Marin Bio Calcium' or 'RS Foundation abc+' in salt water (taken from the reef tank) like 1% (10gr in one liter - the weekly usage of my nano tank lps-sps-softies) ?

If cannot do it, what is the limit of calcium (and alk) saturation in salt water ?

My purpose is to use them with dosing pump (I have also read your recommendation about balanced cal-akl products).

---

Also, currently, what are good alternatives in liquide form, similar to both of them, for dosing by pump (I can allow 2 heads for - also I saw B-ionic or Salifert all in one) ?

bertoni
03/05/2012, 08:33 PM
You won't be able to dissolve enough calcium and alkalinity in salt water to make it effective for dosing. The upper limit depends on a number of factors, but a factor of 2 or more is getting iffy, IMO.

SpaceSea
03/05/2012, 08:58 PM
You won't be able to dissolve enough calcium and alkalinity in salt water to make it effective for dosing. The upper limit depends on a number of factors, but a factor of 2 or more is getting iffy, IMO.

Ouiiiiiin

yes I would be interested by a factor of at least 10 or twenty ... agreed, a factor of 2 is way to low to be viable

Randy Holmes-Farley
03/07/2012, 05:04 PM
B-ionic or a DIY two part are good liquid additives. :)