PDA

View Full Version : Cheese with my whine

mmullaly
10/17/2011, 02:29 PM
I have had my Apex Lite for almost 2 years now and love it. Not sure how I lived before it.
Anyway, some issues still remain to this day. I keep hoping that they will be addressed in a new FW update but they haven't.

First problem

After a power loss, my 2 EB8's lose there address. For instance EB8_2 will become EB8_3 and EB8_3 will become EB8_4.
I can correct this by doing a complete initialization and restoring my config.
But, this problem could spell disaster, especially if the EB8 under a new address will turn auto on my heater or auto on my Kalk.

Second problem
This is more annoying then harmful.
When my ATO is active, I have the unit play the warning sound Siren 2.
This works all of the time, however sometimes the tone gets stuck and will play one of the beeps forever. Think of it as a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
Until I push any button on the controller.

Third problem
Again more of an annoyance.
On the display I have both EB_8's displaying the amperage. The space immediately to the right of the EB8_3 has a solid block that sometime is there and sometime it disappears.

Anyone else have these problems?

And yes I want some cheese with my whine. :lol:

swearint
10/17/2011, 02:38 PM
Of the three issues, the only one I have seen reported before is the addressing issue. None are intended behavior. Have you tried to contact Neptune Support? [email protected]

Todd

aquamanic
10/17/2011, 02:45 PM
How current is your firmware?

mmullaly
10/17/2011, 02:58 PM
I think I have the latest

4.11L_8B11

bazineta
10/17/2011, 03:43 PM
On issue 1, I'd really recommend investing in at least a small UPS to protect the Apex.

peiloy3196
10/17/2011, 05:19 PM
Fortunately I have never seen issue 1, but I have seen 2 & 3 on my Apex. Latest firmware.

mmullaly
10/17/2011, 06:56 PM
I actually have a smartups 1500 on one of the eb8s but it only lasts about 2 hours with it just powering my return and 2 mp40s. My problem is an extended outage and if i'm not there.