PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Dallas

999SCUBA
10/18/2011, 09:43 PM
I am going to be visting Dallas from OKC to see the World Aquarium and the Aquarium at the mall. I like to visit saltwater shops in cities I visit. If I was to ask what the best shop is in Dallas in regards to inventory and fish stock. What would the recommendations be. I most likly will not buy any fish or coral this trip but would be nice to see a great place possibly to visit for a large stocking my tank buy. I have upgraded recengtly to a very large tank that needs filled out.

Also I am going to buy 3 Kessil LED units for my Trigger tank. If someone could tell me what Dallas shop has them in stock that would be great.

Thank You

kbt
10/25/2011, 02:38 PM
Not sure if your visit is over, but you can try these:
neptunescove.net
rifttoreefaquatics.com
dallasnorthaquarium.com

They are probably in the top 5 largest stores. Not necessarily the best, but I'm not offering judgement. I haven't seen that brand of LEDs around. Maybe because I wasn't looking? I use a local maker. I don't recommend any particularly store, they all have good/bad. Neptunes is more expensive, but wide selection. Rift2reef is the smallest of the 3 but one of the few in DFW that sell good hard/SPS. DNA is usully good, but probably the busiest per size and its hard to get in/out sometimes. They do have good stuff, but little or no SPS (ok, maybe I'm biased to hard coral). :)