PDA

View Full Version : combo filtration

ef8
10/19/2011, 12:16 AM
What's up rc. I recently switch from a 50 gallon to 100 gallons 2 months ago.my question is anyone on here have any success running dsb refugium with an algae scrubber..? My setup is 40 gallon sump refugium with a small algae scrubber. Photo time of 18 hrs and skimmerless. Nitrate always hovered around 20 ppm and recently my phosphates been climbing to .5 to .75 all on API test . So I add 2lf gfo reactor.. I feed pretty heavy.. any comment will be helpful thank you

ef8
10/19/2011, 12:47 PM
Anyone????

srusso
10/30/2011, 01:42 AM
What's up rc. I recently switch from a 50 gallon to 100 gallons 2 months ago.my question is anyone on here have any success running dsb refugium with an algae scrubber..? My setup is 40 gallon sump refugium with a small algae scrubber. Photo time of 18 hrs and skimmerless. Nitrate always hovered around 20 ppm and recently my phosphates been climbing to .5 to .75 all on API test . So I add 2lf gfo reactor.. I feed pretty heavy.. any comment will be helpful thank you

What is the size of your scrubber? Please post pics of your setup. How much flow is your scrubber getting? The algae scrubber will be fine over a DSB.