PDA

View Full Version : Someone talk some sense into me

Zalman
10/21/2011, 06:14 AM
I have been QT a Diamond Goby for around a week now in a 10 gal. The fish is in amazing health from what I can see. Eats frozen foods greedily.

He just refuses to stay in this tank and launches at the smallest of openings. and when I try to change some water he jumps straight out of the tank.

Im sick of catching him, or picking him up off the desk. I wanna just throw him in my DT... Someone tell me this is a terrible idea. and that I will kill all of my fish in my DT

grouper25
10/21/2011, 06:43 AM
Read my post and then decide.

b0bab0ey
10/21/2011, 08:03 AM
I have been QT a Diamond Goby for around a week now in a 10 gal. The fish is in amazing health from what I can see. Eats frozen foods greedily.

He just refuses to stay in this tank and launches at the smallest of openings. and when I try to change some water he jumps straight out of the tank.

Im sick of catching him, or picking him up off the desk. I wanna just throw him in my DT... Someone tell me this is a terrible idea. and that I will kill all of my fish in my DT

Wouldn't chance it. Sometimes it can take weeks for fish to show symptoms or act like something's wrong. Besides, what will prevent him from jumping out of your DT? You need to put a glass top on your QT or maybe just some eggcrate.

redneckgearhead
10/21/2011, 08:52 AM
Patience.

MrTuskfish
10/21/2011, 09:46 AM

Just when you think you've herd every excuse not to use a QT......

Zalman
10/21/2011, 09:55 AM
I know I need patience. I need to come up with a better method for changing the water in my QT perhaps a canister filter instead of this HOB so I can use that as a siphon.

I have a screen for my DT. the holes in egg crate are too large, this fish is more a precision jumper haha. Im tempted to make a screen and just cut a hole for the filter tube to go into the water. Is total darkness for extended periods of time ok for a fish in QT?