PDA

View Full Version : Defer/delay option on ACIII?

Raoul5Duke
10/21/2011, 12:25 PM
Looking to program my skimmer to come on 5-10 minutes after my main pump goes back on after feeding, water change, power outage,etc. Is this option available on the ACIII Pro or just the Apex?

swearint
10/21/2011, 01:03 PM
Only on the Apex. To the best of my knowledge, Neptune is no longer doing updates for the AC series.

I have only ever used the Apex, so my knowledge of AC programming is limited. But with the Apex, you can create the same behavior as Defer with creative use of the Min Time command. The equivalent command in the AC series is Max Change.

Todd

swearint
10/21/2011, 03:01 PM
But with the Apex, you can create the same behavior as Defer with creative use of the Min Time command.
I was not clear about this. You can often create the same end behavior using either the Defer or Min Time, but the Min Time and Defer commands themselves are distinctly different.

I gave this some thought after checking the ACIII users manual online. I don't see a way to do it for all situations. However, for both the Feed and Power commands, the syntax allows for an additional delay.

Todd

Raoul5Duke
10/24/2011, 08:19 PM
Ok I'll have to look thru the manual again. Thanks

kenargo
10/24/2011, 09:53 PM
You can do differnt things depending on the condition:

For Power failure use "if Power 005 The XXX Off"
For feed use: "If FeedX 005 Then XXX OFF
For the remaining it depends on how you turn it off; if you use a timer like Feed then you can use the same but if you use manual control then you don't have many options.

Hope this helps; it will get you much of what you ask for.