PDA

View Full Version : AC Jr to Apex script help


Fishbulb2
10/23/2011, 03:19 PM
Hi all,

I just upgraded from an older AC jr to the full Apex system. Boy was the transition smooth and seamless. It recognized my old lunar sim and DC8 so things are good. I need help with a quick script though. I used to run on a Milwaukee ORP controller off of my old AC jr. Basically the ORP controller was plugged into the wall and the AC switch part of it was plugged into the AC outlet. The outlet was then set to oscillate on for 5 minutes and off for 25 minutes. The ORP was set to 400 mV. What this accomplished was that the ORP would never go above 400mV but IMPORTANTLY, i also never ran the ozone for more than 5 minutes every half hour. This was important to me since I'm running ozone on a small tank and through the skimmer. How can I code this in my new Apex. I saw the Min code but I don't see a correlate max code?

Also, I am a bit confused in the Apex coding when the time is denoted as 000:00. This is always minutes:seconds correct and never hours right?

Thanks for the help guys,
FB

swearint
10/23/2011, 04:33 PM
Assuming you intend to continue using the Milwaukee controller rather than using the Apex directly, you can do the same with the OSC command as before:

[Ozone]
Fallback OFF
OSC 00:00/05:00/25:00 Then ON

As for the time question, correct. Any command that refers to a duration is expressed in minutes:secs. Any command that refers to time of day is expressed in hours:minutes.

Todd

Fishbulb2
10/23/2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the help Todd. I actually disconnected the Milwaukee and just put the ORP probe directly on the Apex. Something seems strange though. I have it set to turn off at 400 mv. Once it reaches this setting, it turns off everything but the ORP will just continue to rise till about 430. That seems high to me. Could this be interference with the probe, a mismatch of probes (Milwaukee to Neptune), or too long a Repeat Interval on the DC8?

FB

Fishbulb2
10/23/2011, 08:02 PM
Sorry double post.
FB

bazineta
10/23/2011, 09:27 PM
I'd guess that with a non-Apex ORP probe you'd need to calibrate with quinhydrone.

swearint
10/24/2011, 08:45 AM
I agree with bazineta, to be extra safe I would calibrate the ORP probe.

So I assume you have the 'If ORP...' command last. Correct?

It sounds like there is a bit of lag, are you running it in a skimmer or using an ozone reactor? You could just lower the setting a bit and see if that does the trick.

Todd

Fishbulb2
10/24/2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the help. I have it running on a skimmer with the Ozotech unit set to its lowest setting. I have 400mV calibration solution but not the quihydrone. Maybe I'll go back to the Milwaukee unit until I can get this straightened out. Yeah, I had the "If ORP ... ' command last and it just seems that the ORP just continues to rise for whatever reason. The unit does turn it off at 400mV but it just keep going up for a bit. This is something I didn't see with the old Milwaukee.

FB

bazineta
10/24/2011, 11:18 PM
It actually sounds as if the probe is properly calibrated; to validate, you could just move it from the Apex to the Milwaukee to see if the reading is the same. Odd the difference in carryover behavior though. I'd wonder if the Milwaukee was being optimistic in this regard; you could do the same probe move test to determine that.

Fishbulb2
10/25/2011, 08:06 PM
Yeah, thanks for the tip bazineta. I also have the 400mV ORP standard in case they read differently.

FB