PDA

View Full Version : 5017 Controller doesn't drive the pump.

mcoomer
10/23/2011, 10:35 PM
I have an Osmolator that has stopped working. When the water level drops to the point that the pump should turn on all the lamps on the controller turn off. Disconnect the pump and the yellow lamp comes on. I swapped the pump with a spare but have the same symptoms. I checked the output voltage and had less than 3.0 VDC with the pump disconnected. I suspect the pump loads this down to the point that the lamp

I'm going on a business trip in a week so I need to resolve this quickly. Please let me know if this can be repaired or if I need to buy a new controller.

Thanks,
Mike

rvitko
10/25/2011, 10:02 AM
While this can be repaired most likely, it could be a controller, wiring or pump issue and would need to come in. I can't see how we would have it done in a week for less than the cost of a new one since shipping be an economical method is 4-5 business days each way and next day services are likely near $60 each way. I would consider buying a new one and when the time is less sensitive send your old one for repair as a back up or to sell. I would generally want to run or repaired or new top off for a few days before leaving to be sure everything is working as it should.

mcoomer
10/25/2011, 12:40 PM
I was beginning to come to the same conclusion. Think I'll start to look for a new one. I'll get back to you about sending my current one in once I get back from Japan.

Mike

mcoomer
01/23/2012, 11:23 AM
Roger,
I had forgotten about this Osmolator until yesterday when I was doing some cleaning in the garage. I did end up buying a new one and love the magnetic sensor mounts. I'd like to send the failed one to you to see if it can be repaired. Would you please PM return details?

Thank you,
Mike

rvitko
01/23/2012, 12:08 PM
Pm's seem to be freezing up at the moment, just include a note with return address and phone number and ship to-

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

mcoomer
01/23/2012, 01:38 PM
Thank you sir. I'll get it out right away.