PDA

View Full Version : Odyssea PS160 Set up help

Aricml
10/25/2011, 01:48 AM
I made a mistake, I purchased from Aquatraders... They haven't answered my email in over a week, and their website is down well past the date it says it will be down through, and calling does nothing at all. I am an idiot.

That being said, I purchased a PS160 skimmer from them and cannot figure out how to hook it up in hang on mode. I plan to hang it off of my sump as it will not fit in my Proclear Aquatics pro 150.

If anyone has a PS160 and can give me advice on how these parts connect together it would mean the world to me, Looking at the picture on the box does very little for a newbie like myself.

I have a newly set up 75g that is cycling and I would be pretty happy if I could get the protein skimmer working for the process

doctorgori
10/25/2011, 08:09 AM
I am an idiot

maybe/.maybe not...but cheapskate? perhaps ....Join the club:
-Bought Apex Jr; sudda shelled out the xtra $75 and got at least an Apex lite
-Bought 4x54 Sunpower; shudda listened and got the 6x54
-Bought Koralia 750, shudda got the 1400

Don't beat yourself up; this is an expensive hobby and its HARD to separate hype from nessesity, and as far as that goes, all depends on who you ask

Case in point: is an MP40 a luxury or nessesity vs. a Koralia or cheaper Tunze? , same goes for any number of skimmers, lights et.... invariably the ones who actually own the equip will defend thier purchase, could be based on observation, but could be justification for spending so much ....hard to say

But in your case you may have went to far towards the frugal end of things, part of the cost savings is the lack of tech support, so in the long run it may not even be worth the bother... and my opinion is take your lumps, sell/discard that thing and get a decent skimmer ... call it a lesson learned

allsps40
10/25/2011, 09:31 AM
Here is how you use a PS160. Step one open box step 2 remove skimmer and parts step 3 throw it all in the trash step 4 order a real skimmer. Oddysea skimmers suck big time, they are cheap, made of super thin plastic and dont skim for crap.

doctorgori
10/25/2011, 10:26 AM
:) :) :) :) ^^^^^^^ that was funny :spin3: