PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Zooplankton

adamp377
10/25/2011, 07:50 AM
Okay this may seem like a dumb question but I have been doing alot of research on how to properly feed my hopefully soon to be purchased fish and I figured I should get this answered before I take my next leap in this hobby.

I have been looking at getting an Anthia and I see they are huge zooplankton eaters among mysis,brine etc.

My question is how do tell if the Anthia is eating zooplankton since I can not really see zooplankton once it hits the water?

Is this something they just automatically eat while swimming around by broadcast feeding? Or is this something I would need to get the Anthia to target feed?

I feel like such a noob and feel like the answer should be obvious but I hate buying a new fish with out having all my i's dotted and t's crossed.

needahome
10/25/2011, 12:05 PM
you don't. it'll be hard to keep in suspension, so you can buy a powder mix to do so, but it's not really worthwhile. if you do, you'll need a serious skimmer as the amount taken in by the fish won't be very high unless you have corals as well

adamp377
10/25/2011, 02:10 PM
Is there a food that you would recommend? Per a LFS they started theirs on Brightwells Microvore and once the fish was eating that, they slowly switched over to Mysis and other types of food