PDA

View Full Version : Vertex cerebra

Creetin
10/25/2011, 03:57 PM
Any new news??? Would like to buy one. :) I seen a place taking pre orders please tell me they are coming out soon.

Jeremy B.
10/27/2011, 09:07 AM
There is no exact eta on them yet. I can guarantee that we will be the first place to get them though. Once I hear more I will have it posted in the forums.

Creetin
10/27/2011, 11:23 AM
Darn them. Tell Albert I said to get them going!! LOL

Jeremy B.
10/28/2011, 06:45 AM
I have a call scheduled tomorrow with the factory in Austria, will post back here once I have some more info on them.

bluebastion
10/28/2011, 10:42 PM
Did you get more info today? :) I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for this controller.

Jeremy B.
10/29/2011, 07:39 AM
I'm speaking with them today.

bluebastion
11/06/2011, 08:03 PM
Update? :)

mtlreeffreak
11/07/2011, 11:10 PM
so updates?

Jeremy B.
11/09/2011, 06:52 PM
I did get a chance to speak with them. There are a couple of parts that had to be redesigned and are on the way from Japan to Austria now. As soon as they're received the completion of the beta test untis will be done and shipped out.

I can assure everyone that Vertex is working on this project as quickly as possible. They have a lot of money wrapped up into parts in their facility ready to build these units, so time is extremely important to them. This is not a back burner project by any means, and they wanted me to strongly emphasize they are getting this done in as timely a manner as possible.

Creetin
11/10/2011, 07:39 AM
You can count me in on one of these controller's. I feel it will be worth the wait. :)

bluebastion
11/13/2011, 06:27 PM
Was hoping it would be out in time for a black friday sale ><

mojo~
11/13/2011, 08:34 PM
I saw these at MACNA and they are not like anything else. Super nice units but will be pricey. These thing will be able to run your whole house when they are done ... :)

bluebastion
11/14/2011, 05:59 PM
I saw these at MACNA and they are not like anything else. Super nice units but will be pricey. These thing will be able to run your whole house when they are done ... :)

I don't doubt it... anything running android can run my whole house. I have my house automated using Insteon.

Jeremy B.
11/15/2011, 09:18 PM
When Mojo says they can eventually run your whole house, he really isn't joking about that. This controller is going to be something that hobbyists never could have dreamed would be reality for their aquarium, or entire home! :)

mojo~
11/16/2011, 08:51 PM
yea, that is what the guy from Proline told me.... I would want to mount this in the wall in my house. Its super nice.

Reef1121
11/28/2011, 10:47 PM
Is there any ETA to when they will update their website as to show it off before it comes out. Just so everyone can see more specifics about the controller other than the various articles posted around the web and through different forums?

Jeremy B.
11/29/2011, 08:34 AM
Once the beta models ship out and get running then they will have some pictures and info posted.

bluebastion
12/19/2011, 05:37 PM
Been a few weeks... any update? :) I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear something....

Jeremy B.
12/21/2011, 08:54 AM
Per Vertex -

"Still in January, the final board gets to our hands before the end of this month."

mojo~
12/21/2011, 10:42 AM
I have some pics from MACNA if need be. but they may have changed since then too...

bluebastion
12/21/2011, 05:03 PM
Post em up.. WANNA SEE WANNA SEE! I've only seen the pics posted on reef blogs.

bluebastion
12/21/2011, 05:04 PM
Jeremy, put me down for one please. I'm going to be an early adopter (hoping for the best).

Creetin
12/22/2011, 08:00 AM
I am going to get one too, But at a later date. LED's tapped me out. LOL

mojo~
12/22/2011, 08:39 AM
here are two of them. Ill see if I have more...
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/jlwright75/IMAG0210.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/jlwright75/IMAG0209.jpg

bluebastion
12/23/2011, 03:49 PM
I haven't understood yet if this will come as a tablet... or an actual boxy-aluminum-heat-sink-housing form factor. I'm in it for the wireless capability out of the box.

willybub
01/13/2012, 01:41 PM
any more info?

Kreat99
01/13/2012, 07:32 PM
To do sunrise/sunset simulation, we absolutely need a controller at 400-500$ to do that job?
Personnally, i dont need all functions who can run my whole house.

I understant i need a device capable of regulating 1-10v signals but i don't know for the rest. Witch part i need exactly? :spin2:

I have 2 Illumilux 48".

Jeremy B.
01/13/2012, 08:55 PM
any more info?

Not yet, but once my beta unit is here I'll post photos, info, etc.

Tesla
01/20/2012, 01:54 PM
I don't know if we're allowed to post links to other forums but if we can I will. Vertex has an active thread in Ultimate Reef in UK where they are answering questions on this controller. No release date or price yet but the first few posts have the specifications. I copied the specifications here. Sorry if this violates any rules.

This looks to be really awesome system.

Hardware:

ARM Cortex-A8 CPU by Freescale
32bit processor
800MHz
512Mb RAM
24bit color display capable of 16,777,216 colors.
32KB instruction and data cache
Unified 256KB L2 cache
Neon SIMD media accelerator
Vector Floating point co-processor
Battery buffered RTC
Power management mode
Other Material, design and construction:

Anodized Aluminum outer body combined with ABS/PC end caps
USB and other connectors hidden in our half-hexagon conduit compartment
3.5” Wide Screen Touch display
8 layer board construction more than 850 components
Back wall connection plate to mount on the wall or in cabinet.
Swiveling bracket
V-Grid network module
Multimedia:

OpenGL ES 2.0 and open VG 1.1hardware accelerator
24-BIT display supports up to WXGA resolution
High quality hardware Video de-interlacing
Image and video resize, inversion and rotation hardware
Alpha blending and color space conversion
Security:

All network connections firewalled
Operation software:

Android 2.2
Fast and responsive
Enables user to illustrate apps.
Vertex™ App-Store:

Buy Apps
Sell Vertex™ approved apps
Share knowledge, Ideas, create, expand and grow
Wireless Communication:

W-LAN
Bluetooth
Zig-Bee (802.15.4 PHY)
GSM
Features:

First app based aquarium controller
Modules connected over USB 2.0
SD card
Supports external tablets
Graphical menus
Embedded web server to monitor, configure and or control over Internet or Intranet.
Auto detection of new hardware
Ethernet connection onboard
NTP time control
Automatic firmware update capable
Multiple fail safe and error detection features
Galvanic isolation of modules via optocouplers and DC-DC convertors/ 2KV isolation
Supports “Smart Digital” sensors, capable of error detection, 2 way communication
Supports industry standard sensors
Battery powered wireless remote sensors
Monitor and report power consumption of each connected device
Programmable logic
Email Alerts
SMS alerts
Data logging, history, graphing
Remote monitoring and control via Internet and GSM
I-Phone App
Capable of being linked to Zig-Bee universal remote controllers
Printer compatible to print reports, logs and or graphs
Browse Internet
Watch high resolution videos
V-light composer for simulating sunrise, sunset, weather simulations…
LED diming and control
Variable speed pump control
Modify, create and or write apps to fully customize control of your system
Parameters:

Monitor and control PH
Monitor and control Redox
Monitor and control conductivity (Both salt and fresh water)
Monitor and control dissolved oxygen
Monitor and control temperature
Monitor and control ambient humidity
Monitor and control dissolved Co2
Monitor and control ambient Co2 Levels
Monitor and control many other parameters via V-Chrome such as Calcium, magnesium…

Additional modules:

PWM
Variable AC outlets
1-10V
Dali
Air-flow meter and regulators
Fluid-flow meter and regulators
V-Cam wireless Camera for remote real time viewing
Par/Lux
Remote low power wireless sensors
Leak detector
Fluid level sensor mechanical and or optical
UPS Module; enables the life support system in case of power interruption
Variable speed power-heads such as Tunze
Construction of Modules:

Each module consists of 2 parts, primary and secondary.
Primary module is universal for most devices and will connect to cerebra via USB.
The secondary modules are function specific which will connect to a primary module
Devices are interchangeable through different USB connections and different modules
Modules casing; anodized Aluminum with ABS/PC end caps
Supporting devices via USB and or many other applicable connectors

Power blocks:

Anodized Aluminum construction
Quality relays with In-rush surge protection
Will be available in 6 and 8 socket blocks
Quality components
Additional USB ports on power blocks, one uplink and 3 downlinks
Hall sensors on board to measure current draw/ consumption of each connected device
Native support of:

Libra dosing systems
V-Chrome colorimeter
V-Cam wireless camera module
Illumina luminaires
Illumilux luminaires
Cerebra introduces an entirely new user interface based on an elegant wide screen touch display and revolutionary software that allows users to monitor, configure and or control every aspect of their system’s operations with just a tap of their finger. It allows the aquarist to share thoughts, ideas, acquire methods, information and or illustrate an app to set his or her own foot-print on aquatic cyber space through Vertex™ Cerebra.
See you out there in V-SPACE.
Vertex Aquaristik™ GmbH

*Most if not all mentioned features and or devices above are targeted to be released by or before Interzoo 2012.(This time line does not include any specific apps.)
**Initial product Launch date is set for August2011.

Newby-Reefer
01/25/2012, 11:42 PM
Almost the end of January any release date yet?

How long will the Beta testers be out before full launch?

Jeremy B.
01/26/2012, 08:39 AM
I sent the owner of Vertex a text this morning, will post back when I get a response.

bluebastion
02/10/2012, 09:42 PM
I can't believe there is still nothing out there on this controller.

Jeremy B.
02/14/2012, 11:43 AM
I spoke with the owner of Vertex for quite a while last night and the latest is that the controller firmware is completely ready to go, other than the GUI (graphical user interface). They're debating on a couple of different layouts right now, but will be taken care of in the next week or two.

The beta units are shipping to user the first or second week of March. There will obviously be a few bugs in programming as every controller has, thus the need for the beta test.

The package will retail between $699 and $799, and include the following:

- Head Unit
- Power Bar 8
- Temp Sensor

The Power Bar 8 will have the following ports:

- 2 x ph
- 2 x ORP
- 1 x PAR Sensor
- 0-10vdc output
..... and one or two other things that I"m forgetting right now.

The main cpu (head unit) will include multiple USB ports, as well as DVI connection, built in webserver.

As soon as we have a little more info (pictures included), as well as a firm retail price we will start to do preorders for them.

Tesla
02/16/2012, 07:05 PM
Starting to drool here.

Preorder here I come.

Thanks for the update.

Joe0813
02/21/2012, 04:22 PM
just in time for tax money..... i hope

Jeremy B.
02/22/2012, 07:54 AM
I'll keep posting back as I get more info on this.

Joe0813
02/23/2012, 04:17 PM
Thanks.... I was going to get the apex but I have tried to get in touch with them for about a month now. Just has a busy signal. So I'm really interested in the cerebra

Plato
02/25/2012, 08:55 PM
I spoke with the owner of Vertex for quite a while last night and the latest is that the controller firmware is completely ready to go, other than the GUI (graphical user interface). They're debating on a couple of different layouts right now, but will be taken care of in the next week or two.

The beta units are shipping to user the first or second week of March. There will obviously be a few bugs in programming as every controller has, thus the need for the beta test.

The package will retail between $699 and $799, and include the following:

- Head Unit
- Power Bar 8
- Temp Sensor

The Power Bar 8 will have the following ports:

- 2 x ph
- 2 x ORP
- 1 x PAR Sensor
- 0-10vdc output
..... and one or two other things that I"m forgetting right now.

The main cpu (head unit) will include multiple USB ports, as well as DVI connection, built in webserver.

As soon as we have a little more info (pictures included), as well as a firm retail price we will start to do preorders for them.

What about salinity monitoring?

Plato
02/25/2012, 09:02 PM
Never mind, I found my answer. Monitor and control conductivity (Both salt and fresh water)

Joe0813
02/26/2012, 06:18 PM
my money needs to be spent soon.... apex or cerebra

nelsoncrn
02/27/2012, 11:09 AM
my money needs to be spent soon.... apex or cerebra
Here's my 2 cents....

IF you really need a controller right away I'm sure you would be very happy with the Apex and what they have to offer. If its just a matter of money burning a hole in your pocket than I would recommend holding out for the Vertex. I think the android platform will allow for you to do things never dreamed of by current controllers.

The wait is killing me too, but I plan on sticking it out. With a little luck we'll be able to pre-order soon.

Jeremy B.
02/27/2012, 11:26 AM
Agreed, I think you would be very happy with either controller.

Joe0813
02/27/2012, 06:44 PM
money sure does burn a hole in my pocket and it is VERY hard for me to save money.... but looking at the cerebra and having all android phones... ANNND being a tech guy i think ill hold off for the latest technology and get the cerebra

4adam12
03/04/2012, 06:08 PM
Jeremy, can we sign up somewhere to get an email when you are taking pre orders? Sometimes I don't get on here for a week or two and would hate to miss it. Thanks

Jeremy B.
03/06/2012, 09:01 PM
We will have a big announcement once preorders are available, hopefully in the next week or so.

4adam12
03/06/2012, 09:38 PM
Outstanding! Thank you. I saw on the facebook thing that the betas are supposed to be out by the end of March now.

Canadaguy
03/08/2012, 01:33 PM
I will be very interested to see the details on this toy. Sounds like it will be the new king of controllers! :reading:

Joe0813
03/21/2012, 08:42 PM
any word on this?

Rocky_Mtn_Reef
03/22/2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah...I'd be interested in an update. This controller is taking longer to get out of production then the Joint Strike Fighter F-35...LOL.

Jeremy B.
03/23/2012, 08:08 AM
I was assured from the owner of Vertex he would have an update for everyone on this over the weekend.

Rocky_Mtn_Reef
03/23/2012, 09:43 AM
Can you confirm the physical looks of this in the mean time, if you know? Is it going to be more like a tablet PC or will it look like a box. I have seen a couple different prototype pictures, so I am not sure what to expect. Thanks Jeremy!

Rocky_Mtn_Reef
03/25/2012, 07:53 PM
Any updates now?

einsteins
03/26/2012, 12:42 PM
Got my fingers crossed for some good news on the update from Vertex!

Jeremy B.
03/27/2012, 01:22 PM
We played phone tag today, we have a phone meeting again tomorrow at 8am.

bhinkle50
03/29/2012, 09:12 AM
This thing is like the loch ness monster. Many stories of sightings and people that will tell you all about it, but no one can prove that it actually exists.....

Joe0813
03/29/2012, 08:13 PM
This thing is like the loch ness monster. Many stories of sightings and people that will tell you all about it, but no one can prove that it actually exists.....

i doubt that a big company like premium aquatics is making something up like this..... buuuuut it is getting kinda annoying waiting for vertex to release this thing. i mean its probably better this way so they can work out all the bugs but damn it keeps getting pushed back more and moooore

Canadaguy
03/29/2012, 11:19 PM
i doubt that a big company like premium aquatics is making something up like this..... buuuuut it is getting kinda annoying waiting for vertex to release this thing. i mean its probably better this way so they can work out all the bugs but damn it keeps getting pushed back more and moooore

It sounds like it should be well worth the wait! Get ready for the competition to drop their prices once its released in order to compete.

Joe0813
04/01/2012, 08:02 AM
I thought we were supposed to get a update last weekend?

Jeremy B.
04/02/2012, 03:13 PM
I just found out today that the retail price point will be $749, will hopefully have preorders up in the next day or so.

Plato
04/02/2012, 03:21 PM
What's included for that price?

Jeremy B.
04/03/2012, 07:59 AM
Just some clarification on the price per Vertex, this is +/- 10%, to get you in the ballpark.

This will include the head unit plus the multi-purpose power bar, and temp sensor. To give you an idea what it's capable of doing (probes not included) out of the box...

- 2 level sensors
- 2 x 0-10vdc output
- 2 x ph
- ORP
- Cond
- PAR
- LAN Connection
.....and a whole bunch of others.

There will be auto diagnosis built in, and survival mode via UPS that should be very cool.

As far as the user interface goes think in terms of Windows 8, where it's not just a collection of apps displayed, but rather groups of functions. In other words, if you could take an Android tablet and turn it into an aquarium controller with just about anything you could possibly think of needing to do, the Cerebra would be it.

Plato
04/03/2012, 09:49 AM
Are you hording preorders (AI Sol Blue) for retail or do us on the wholesale side get a piece of the action to:)

Rocky_Mtn_Reef
04/03/2012, 12:27 PM
Are they giving you a beta or are they skipping the testing phase? I would love to see picture or get a discription of how it will look. The only pics I could find of the development piece was a big bulky box that would need to be mounted somewhere. Also if it is a tablet, can you keep it anywhere (ie wireless) to some kind of controller placed near the tank.

Jeremy B.
04/03/2012, 02:09 PM
@Plato, we will be offering these for wholesale as well at the beginning.

@Rocky Mtn Reef, I will still be getting a test model, just not sure exactly when yet. That big bulky box is still what this controller will look like. It's essentially a table that is mounted in this enclosure. There is one big reason, and one reason only for this big bulky box..... USB! This is the same reason that tablets do not have USB, the tablet would then not be able to be as thin as what it is.

xenon
04/05/2012, 10:05 PM
I am in the market for a controller.

I am ready to pull the trigger on a full GHL with doser but I am intrigued by the Vertex Cerebra.

Looking forward to hearing more about it!

Jeremy B.
04/06/2012, 10:44 AM
I'm told I'll be getting some photos in the next few days or so from Vertex.

Jeremy B.
04/10/2012, 09:02 AM
Here she is, in all her glory (no outside box and touch screen of course). This is the finished product, ready to be installed into the case and hooked up to the touch screen.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/prodimages/images/IMG_1057.JPG

bhinkle50
04/10/2012, 12:06 PM
Is there any additional information that you have about the expected release on this?

Very interested in hearing some details about the beta testing, as it appears no one has one of these and I don't think something like a controller can be launched without some sort of user community backing.

Trying to hold off on a purchase of an Apex, but not understanding the release timeline or beta testing timeline is making me lean towards buying the Apex and getting it setup for my tank that is coming in June.

Thanks for the info you've supplied so far.

bluebastion
04/10/2012, 05:35 PM
Jeremy, wasn't this supposed to have wifi connectivity right out of the box? I thought I read that on a preliminary feature list.

Also, what is the connectivity feature set going to be like with the Vertex Illumina's?

Thanks!

tinman11
04/10/2012, 07:17 PM
hook me up i'll run it next to my apex

xenon
04/13/2012, 07:39 PM
Will this controller have a matching dosing system like the GHL?

Canadaguy
04/13/2012, 11:09 PM
Will this controller have a matching dosing system like the GHL?

I think the matching doser will be called the Vertex Libra.

xenon
04/13/2012, 11:31 PM
Sweet!

I found what I was looking for.

**Initial product Launch date is set for June 2011 by or before Interzoo 2012.

xenon
04/13/2012, 11:41 PM
double post.

Jeremy B.
04/16/2012, 09:28 AM
There are 10 units that are being tested right now at the factory, in multiple different situations, etc. So far everything I've heard on the response of them has been great!

xenon
04/16/2012, 10:16 PM
I am glad they care about quality control enough to delay the launch to make sure everything is working perfectly.

I just wish the process was faster. I am getting tired of dosing by hand!!!!

Jeremy B.
04/17/2012, 08:17 AM
You and me both! ;)

Canadaguy
04/17/2012, 02:29 PM
Vertex can't be the new king of controllers without taking their time and doing things right without testing and working bugs out! I have a funny feeling the demand for this controller once people see it, is going to be through the roof!

Allmost
04/17/2012, 02:31 PM
Vertex can't be the new king of controllers without taking their time and doing things right without testing and working bugs out! I have a funny feeling the demand for this controller once people see it, is going to be through the roof!

other controllers like profelux dropping their price is a good indicator of that !

cant wait for it to be released along with the dosing pumps.

Canadaguy
04/18/2012, 02:25 AM
other controllers like profelux dropping their price is a good indicator of that !

cant wait for it to be released along with the dosing pumps.

I have never had a controller before so I am pumped about owning a Cerebra. From what I have heard from other people is that Profilux is way over priced with a huge markup.

ASpec
04/18/2012, 06:49 AM
I have never had a controller before so I am pumped about owning a Cerebra. From what I have heard from other people is that Profilux is way over priced with a huge markup.

(disclaimer: yes, I own a Profilux)

I don't want to get into a controller debate, but I can tell you the Profilux is not overpriced for what it is. Was it at one point overpriced, yes, but now I honestly believe it's priced right and the mark up is not as much as you would think.

Do I think the Cerebra will be great? Looks promising but only time will tell.

Canadaguy
04/18/2012, 10:57 AM
(disclaimer: yes, I own a Profilux)

I don't want to get into a controller debate, but I can tell you the Profilux is not overpriced for what it is. Was it at one point overpriced, yes, but now I honestly believe it's priced right and the mark up is not as much as you would think.

Do I think the Cerebra will be great? Looks promising but only time will tell.

Myself I can't argue because I have never owned a controller let alone a Profilux. Being overpriced is what I have read and from talking to people. I agree time will tell on the Cerebra but it sounds klike an awesome unit!

luisagos
04/18/2012, 05:19 PM
Myself I can't argue because I have never owned a controller let alone a Profilux. Being overpriced is what I have read and from talking to people. I agree time will tell on the Cerebra but it sounds klike an awesome unit!

Everything in life is overpriced when you cannot own one, fact of life.

One thing is also a fact, cheap is always cheap.

Luxo
04/18/2012, 10:32 PM
I do have a profilux and can tell you that the cost of the components inside with a Fujitsu CPU that is from years ago will be about $70.( dependent on production run quantities)
I have had the unit for about 5 years a few hick ups but other than that ok! The cost of profilux should have been the programming which considering has been on the market for so many years it's all paid now! However I must say they develpoed everything from Scratch! so should have been time and effort when they did years back! with Cerebra is Android so they get the OS for free but there is also a lot of work to do all the interfaces....
And the whole USB protocols...
This is how the electronics industry work and this is the reason why they are always expensive at the begining and then the price drops, The early adoptors pay for the Development costs and once that is paid the prices are reduced by the mfg to grab the mass market share, but it really didn't much with profilux!
As for Cerebra, I be amazed if the end price be as noted here! I guess they are going for the long run with this, since I doubt any other aquarium company would want to invest in R&D to develop such board!
The initial press release last year said it's an 8 layer PCB and they cost a lot to design specially with the CPU used!
Just my 2 cents working for one of the largest home Electronics manufacturers in the world!
Cheers,
Dave

Jeremy B.
04/20/2012, 10:22 AM
I have been privy to the financial development costs of the Cerebra, and it's really mind boggling considering it's in such a niche market.

Allmost
04/20/2012, 10:30 AM

mmhhhmmm being an electrical engineer working in biomed field, designing same things for hospitals I can tell you that you are 100% correct :)

the corners cut in these design prior to this were amazingly funny from eng,. point of view. hope this changes the controllerémicroprocessor world in this hobby.

unze
04/20/2012, 12:59 PM
I think the price of the controllers are ok,

The thing that really lacks with GHL is that they dont do much on the software and programming. too busy getting new products out than fixing up issues with the profilux.

Still after years they still have a outdated software and it takes forever to get firmware updates.

Hopefully the cerebra can do basic things like when you get a sms you will be able to tell what the alarm is, with teh GHL you don't have a clue at times.

Luxo
04/21/2012, 12:46 AM
There are hardware limitations involved.
There is only as much you can do with the same CPU unless you chage the platform completely.
The P3 was a piggy-back PCB that extended the unit but with the CPU used in Profilux they are at the limit of the possibilities.
They used to have wireless module but I think they abandoned it long ago!
It never really worked for me was not stable and the whole unit was never userfriendly.
I had others in our local forum PM me all the time ask me how to do this when I was baffled myself!
Never the less I must say the support was not bad at the time, I have not had to contact them for anything else anymore a few bugs with the update but you can get info on that from RC!
With Cerebra I was told the upgrade will be automatically same as a PC! so lets see if they can deliver on all their promises!
Very interested to see what come out on this at Interzoo!
Cheers,
Dave

Luxo
04/21/2012, 12:57 AM
mmhhhmmm being an electrical engineer working in biomed field, designing same things for hospitals I can tell you that you are 100% correct :)

the corners cut in these design prior to this were amazingly funny from eng,. point of view. hope this changes the controllerémicroprocessor world in this hobby.
While I agree with you with the unit being overpriced but you have to keep in mind they designed it in 2004 or 2005 at the time this was a good CPU an must say stable product. It is just outdated now!
Would it do the job? yes
Is 2006 calling back for this? yes
I must say I have been happy with my Profilux but as you stated there can be much better options out there.
You are in an exciting field, unfortunately I calculate BOM all day to pass to the guys above to accept or reject a project! I guess we all gotta pay the mortgage:headwally:

jtrasap
04/21/2012, 09:24 AM
I've had a Profilux, an Apex, and now a Reef Angel, so far the Reef Angel is my favorite. Android is somewhat finicky and can be very unstable at times so hopefully they can make this thing work. I'd be interested in giving it a try but not so sure I'd trust anything running on Android to take care of my tank while I'm out of town. Hopefully what's taking so long is them working all the little Android bugs out so it doesn't spit and sputter every time it needs to complete a simple task. Maybe they'll just cram it full of enough memory and processing power to negate these problems.

Luxo
04/22/2012, 09:26 PM
Jason,
I've used Android devices for some times Samsung P-1000, Samsung P-7500, and neither had any issues I think the main problem is people using apps that are causing the issues for the specefic task they are intended for!
Arm Cortex 8 is the same as what is used in P-1000.
I think that is more than plenty for any task! but again the question that remains is that, how user friendly the interface is designed to be?
I think as far as hardware they have gone the right path! but let's see what they are doing for Interface.
I sure hope it's not another German Iterface design such as Profilux! :)
Cheers,
Dave

ASpec
04/23/2012, 08:42 AM
I've had a Profilux, an Apex, and now a Reef Angel, so far the Reef Angel is my favorite. Android is somewhat finicky and can be very unstable at times so hopefully they can make this thing work. I'd be interested in giving it a try but not so sure I'd trust anything running on Android to take care of my tank while I'm out of town.

I am confused by your statement - you say Reef Angel is your favorite but it runs on Android which is unstable at times and you don't trust it to take care of your tank while away/out of town... what am I missing? Why is the world would someone want a controller that is often unstable and not trustworthy? What's the point in having a controller?

We can argue Profilux is overpriced and old all day long, but the 1 fact you can't argue is that it's ROCK SOLID. It was designed from the ground up to be a aquarium controller - GHL did not take an open source OS to build on, they built there own... again, yes it shows it's age on the interface and hardware but it also shows it age regarding dependability -- truly time tested and dependable.

jtrasap
04/23/2012, 08:46 AM
I am confused by your statement - you say Reef Angel is your favorite but it runs on Android which is unstable at times and you don't trust it to take care of your tank while away/out of town... what am I missing? Why is the world would someone want a controller that is often unstable and not trustworthy? What's the point in having a controller?

The Reef Angel does not run on Android...:thumbsup:

ASpec
04/23/2012, 08:53 AM
<-- crawls under a rock

Sorry -- for some reason I thought it did. Thanks for the heads-up ;)

Rest of my statement stands true. :thumbsup:

jtrasap
04/23/2012, 09:29 AM
<-- crawls under a rock

Sorry -- for some reason I thought it did. Thanks for the heads-up ;)

Rest of my statement stands true. :thumbsup:

I agree on pretty much every standpoint of yours on the profilux. I really loved it, you can look at my 90g build thread and see that...BUT...and I know you mentioned the whole price argument thing, unfortunately I had made a fairly substantial investment in a Profilux, extra powerbars, ex upgrade, network card, LED light bars, PH and ORP expansion, I had everything running on GFI's and surge protectors only to have it taken out by a surge through my network cable which took out the main board in the Profilux($200), the network card($195), EX card($275), and a 6 way powerbar($299)! That adds up to almost $1000!! to fix the Profilux, talk about a bad taste in my mouth. I ended up selling the semi-functional Profilux head unit for $40, a 4 socket powerbar for next to nothing, one of the light bars lasted about a year and is sitting hear non-functional, the probes were used so they all hit the trash exept for the temp probe which is still sitting here somewhere, and the 6 socket powerbar got some Tannerite taped to it and is now a hunk of scrap somewhere in my back 40...:uzi:

I had both the Profilux and Apex running side by side for a while and the Profilux was definitely the better built, easier to program, and just overall more solid performer of the two so I sold the Apex and kept the Profilux.

Now I have a Reef Angel... At $219 for the controller, an 8 socket powerbar, temp probe, PH probe, and two float switches, not to mention so far this thing runs rock solid and expansion is not at all going to break the bank, purchasing the Reef Angel over any other controller on the market was a slam dunk no brainer.

jtrasap
04/23/2012, 09:39 AM
Jason,
I've used Android devices for some times Samsung P-1000, Samsung P-7500, and neither had any issues I think the main problem is people using apps that are causing the issues for the specefic task they are intended for!
Arm Cortex 8 is the same as what is used in P-1000.
I think that is more than plenty for any task! but again the question that remains is that, how user friendly the interface is designed to be?
I think as far as hardware they have gone the right path! but let's see what they are doing for Interface.
I sure hope it's not another German Iterface design such as Profilux! :)
Cheers,
Dave

I'm on my fifth Android phone, I started with the original G1 and have since had a G1 dev phone, an Atrix, a Captivate, and now a Galaxy S II, on top of that I have a Galaxy Tab and a Kindle Fire both of which also run Android. I'm somewhat of an Android fanboy so to speak but I also know that every single one of the Android devices that I have and have had need to be rebooted fairly regularly and all of them balk at certain tasks. Android is somewhat clunky but being open source and having the advertising power of google and the big phone networks has made it a huge hit. I love my phone and Kindle Fire, the Galaxy Tab is okay and gets fairly dusty as it spends a-lot of time sitting on the shelf.

Just in my experience with Android it's sometimes anoying, overall fairly clunky and not all that stable, that said most Android devices are really fun to play with but not something I would want to trust with my tank.

Luxo
04/23/2012, 10:02 PM

We can argue Profilux is overpriced and old all day long, but the 1 fact you can't argue is that it's ROCK SOLID. It was designed from the ground up to be a aquarium controller - GHL did not take an open source OS to build on, they built there own... again, yes it shows it's age on the interface and hardware but it also shows it age regarding dependability -- truly time tested and dependable.
The same arguement can be made about not wanting to buy a new TV since the old tec is rock solid!
As far as which one is better I would not make a comment on that,until I see the Cerebra. However the hardware on Cerebra can do laps around profilux, That is a fact!
Would it be a better controller, That remains to be seen!
As for the interface I am 100% sure they be able to do much better than profilux with Android and the TFT used! That is also a fact!
Cheers,
Dave

Luxo
04/23/2012, 10:58 PM
I'm on my fifth Android phone, I started with the original G1 and have since had a G1 dev phone, an Atrix, a Captivate, and now a Galaxy S II, on top of that I have a Galaxy Tab and a Kindle Fire both of which also run Android. I'm somewhat of an Android fanboy so to speak but I also know that every single one of the Android devices that I have and have had need to be rebooted fairly regularly and all of them balk at certain tasks. Android is somewhat clunky but being open source and having the advertising power of google and the big phone networks has made it a huge hit. I love my phone and Kindle Fire, the Galaxy Tab is okay and gets fairly dusty as it spends a-lot of time sitting on the shelf.

Just in my experience with Android it's sometimes anoying, overall fairly clunky and not all that stable, that said most Android devices are really fun to play with but not something I would want to trust with my tank.

Jason,
We are all Android users in my household! while my daughter has most issues with her phone for me I have had not much of a challenge with my phones or tab, You are right that the open source factor exposes users to aps that are causing the issues.
As for the OS itself it is a living thing with all the updates all the time.
With Honey comb when it was released it did work well for most handsets but had issues on tabs!
I think the most challenge here would be to optimize for the purpose the device is designed for and if they accomplish that then it should be no issue.
But I guess until released that is an "if":spin3:
As a hobbyist I have high hopes for this device but as a professional I do realize there will be challenges ahaed of them!
I hope they do overcome these challenges since if it is a stable device I would ditch the profilux rightaway! if not I guess I will try the Reef Angel!
How do you find the Reef Angel!?
Cheers,
Dave

Canadaguy
04/30/2012, 06:53 PM
Any Cerebra updates?

Jeremy B.
05/01/2012, 08:23 AM
Still the same, these are officially being released at Interzoo.

bluebastion
05/02/2012, 07:57 PM
Still the same, these are officially being released at Interzoo.

The same for the UV auxiliary pads for the Illuminas?

ari5736
05/08/2012, 01:44 PM
Please report back on the dimming and connectivity accessories for Illumilux. I would like to add another strip, but connect 3 strips up to one dimmer/controller.

Jeremy B.
05/10/2012, 07:54 AM
@bluebastion - Yes, those will be brought at Interzoo next week.

@ari5736 - I'm not sure if this is something that will be released at Interzoo or not. Once the adapter is available it will interface with the Cerebra though.

dhickey
05/18/2012, 08:05 PM
So interzoo started yesterday, right? Do we have any updates?

unze
05/19/2012, 12:35 PM
+1 . any update from Interzoo?
Is the cerebra due out this year?

dhickey
05/20/2012, 07:12 PM
The website still says "coming soon" ...sigh

Jeremy B.
05/21/2012, 06:59 AM
I'm awaiting some updates from this past week and weekend now.

xenon
05/21/2012, 07:08 AM
I am shocked that Interzoo started and we still have no updates.

Hopefully this does not turn into the AI Vega of controllers.

bluebastion
05/21/2012, 09:31 AM
zzzzz...... Wake me when September ends...

dhickey
05/21/2012, 11:26 AM
Unfortunately this is starting to seem like a huge build up for some disappointment. But, I hope I'm wrong...

scsuboy18
05/21/2012, 12:19 PM
Just like a good show -- cancelled before it has the chance. Hopefully the Cerebra isn't going to be cancelled like Pan Am. Though -- they would be stupid for investing that much time and money on a seemingly revolutionary product.

Jeremy B.
05/21/2012, 02:23 PM
I guarantee you the product isn't going to be cancelled. If so, there would no longer be any Vertex brand products around.

bluebastion
05/21/2012, 06:56 PM
Jeremy, can you confirm the following?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=315117315230896&set=a.124541014288528.25164.100001978906938&type=3&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=315116358564325&set=a.124541014288528.25164.100001978906938&type=3&theater

Triggercdog
05/21/2012, 07:07 PM
I am starting to think that the cerebra isn't going to happen....this is taking way too long and starting to make me wonder whether I would want to use it on my own tank...too many problems??? Might have to go to another controller...tired of waiting

Plato
05/21/2012, 08:12 PM
I need to invest in kleenex.

Plato
05/21/2012, 08:14 PM
If this whining keeps up who needs a fancy ro/di. Pure water is flooding the poast.

bluebastion
05/21/2012, 09:34 PM
Found some pics of Interzoo 2012 Vertex exhibit with the UV leds! Finally... also found a pic of what looks to be the final version of the Cerebra:

http://www.marinemad.com/my_live_feed.php?live

Once the page loads you'll need to use your browser search to look for "Vertex"

Jeremy B.
05/23/2012, 08:56 AM
Here is a finished photo of the Cerebra, courtesy of www.marinemad.com. Once I have a ship date on these I will get back to everyone.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/prodimages/images/cerebra.jpg

Allmost
05/23/2012, 08:59 AM
aight now that makes it worth the wait !

but I still cant waitlol

scsuboy18
05/23/2012, 09:13 AM
aight now that makes it worth the wait !

but I still cant waitlol

I can't either! I'm going to hold off buying one until there are plenty of reviews out there...but wow...WOW!!

notclear
05/23/2012, 10:41 AM
Try to see if you understand what they are talking about. It is a 23 minute video showcasing Vertex products in Interzoo 2012. After clicking on the link, wait sometime for it to load.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dinterzoo%2Bvertex%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-ca%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=de&u=http://www.korallenriff.de/media.php%3Fid%3D11142%26artikel%3D1233&usg=ALkJrhglPXzYHkhozLiZOr7KM2nZeeDBsg

Jeremy B.
05/23/2012, 11:55 AM
Great video, thanks for posting. Definitely shows a working Cerebra controller in the wild, for those that were starting to get wary that it wasn't coming out. ;)

xenon
05/23/2012, 09:03 PM
So after all that, still no launch date?

Triggercdog
05/24/2012, 06:33 PM
If this whining keeps up who needs a fancy ro/di. Pure water is flooding the poast.

Poast??? Kinda like toast with a P!!!

dhickey
05/24/2012, 10:16 PM
It looks nice. When will see specs? Any idea on when it will be available to purchase?

Jeremy B.
05/25/2012, 11:19 AM
You can see the majority of the specs by looking back through this thread. We may have missed a couple of them, but for the most part it's all in there.

I'm not exactly sure when the first shipment will arrive in North America, however I know some have been south across the pond already.

Jeremy B.
05/25/2012, 12:28 PM
I just spoke with Vertex and received the following update...

"..all of the Cerebra units were full functioning end user products at Interzoo. We have decided to add more to the interface as far as the programming goes. All of our beta units will be in testers hands in early to mid July, and if everything goes well with that our release to the public will be early to mid August."

I'll update again as soon as I get more info.

dhickey
05/26/2012, 01:43 AM
Fall is the next best guess for them!!??!!? :headwally: Wow, this thing is really being strung along. The wait, at least for me, is over. I think I will just get the Apex.

Padrino
06/02/2012, 08:13 PM
I just spoke with Vertex and received the following update...

"..all of the Cerebra units were full functioning end user products at Interzoo. We have decided to add more to the interface as far as the programming goes. All of our beta units will be in testers hands in early to mid July, and if everything goes well with that our release to the public will be early to mid August."

I'll update again as soon as I get more info.

I have been communicating with the lead software designer since MACNA, this is better news then what U have received from him. Hopefully this is more current then my last correspondence. I was told I will be a beta tester but at this point, I am unsure if that will happen.

Here's hoping!
Rob

gilbert2625
06/08/2012, 10:07 PM
Does any one know the whe this is coming out thanx.

Triggercdog
06/10/2012, 01:19 PM
It's not....been waitin for months...every time they hit their deadline they move it back another three months...hopeless...better start looking at the rkl or apex...just sayin

TeslaReef
06/10/2012, 04:32 PM
I'm wondering if it is going to go through an upgrade before it comes out. The release is taking so long that the system is seriously outdated.

The original spec has it being Android 2.2. That is a very old operating system. We've already seen 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 and now 4.0.

Luxo
06/11/2012, 10:21 AM
According to Vertex this was one of the reasons for delay. I emailed them after Interzoo and was told that it will be released with the latest Android. They have a video on the German forum and the interface looks like windows 8!
Sucks to wait but if they do deliver with such Interface I guess be worth it.
Cheers,
Dave

xenon
06/14/2012, 08:45 AM
I also gave up.

This did turn out to become the AI Vega of controllers.

Sad.

Joe0813
06/14/2012, 10:17 AM
adios vertex im all done waiting.

Jeremy B.
06/15/2012, 10:12 AM
I agree that it is very frustrating as well, however for those who do decide to wait I think they'll be pleasantly surprised with the final product. Time will tell!

Joe0813
06/15/2012, 06:44 PM
I agree that it is very frustrating as well, however for those who do decide to wait I think they'll be pleasantly surprised with the final product. Time will tell!

wish i could wait.... business is slow so the saved money has to go towards bills unfortunately

einsteins
07/26/2012, 09:34 PM
Any new word on delivery dates?

Padrino
07/26/2012, 09:46 PM
They are working on it. I have received a response back from a friend who works for vertex. They are busy working on the software. Its going to be a great product when they actually release it.
cheers
Rob

jtrasap
07/27/2012, 06:40 AM
They are working on it. I have received a response back from a friend who works for vertex. They are busy working on the software. Its going to be a great product when they actually release it.
cheers
Rob

Considering it runs on android, I have a feeling it will be a never ending battle 'against' the software. Nothing against android, it's a fun OS to tinker with but like I stated before, I sure as heck wouldn't trust it to reliably run my tank, not to mention since this thing says "Vertex" on it I can only imagine what the overinflated price is going to be. I get the feeling it's going to be more of a 'look at me I've got a cerebra, it's got a touch screen with pretty colors' type of novelty than a set it and forget it reliable utility(if they keep the Android OS).

Jeremy B.
07/27/2012, 07:09 AM
I spoke with the owner of Vertex yesterday for a little while and they are still on target with the mid August date.

Padrino
07/27/2012, 10:13 PM
Sweet, Jeremy
If I am not on the list please save one for me
I was waiting for a BETA unit from Jason but he never responded back.
Rob

Canadaguy
07/28/2012, 09:15 AM
I spoke with the owner of Vertex yesterday for a little while and they are still on target with the mid August date.

Thats excellent to hear! Do you know yet what the price will be?

einsteins
09/12/2012, 01:54 PM
Any word on this controller....Last stated was mid August.
It would be nice if Vertex would keep us posted on timelines.

Thanks

einsteins
09/12/2012, 01:54 PM

Thanks

Canadaguy
09/12/2012, 09:58 PM

Thanks

I am starting to think it must of been August 2013

Padrino
09/13/2012, 07:12 PM
Anytime now.....

Jeremy B.
09/14/2012, 02:35 PM
I agree, it is very frustrating! Good things come to those who wait, I guess? :)

xenon
09/30/2012, 06:29 PM
I agree, it is very frustrating! Good things come to those who wait, I guess? :)

If I was Vertex, I would be embarrassed.

:thumbdown

Padrino
09/30/2012, 06:33 PM
Was this not debuted at MACNA 2012 in Dallas Fort Worth this weekend????

spifftempo
09/30/2012, 08:07 PM
Yes, with EU outlets, 240 V, only on\off control, no probes, no outlet programming available to demo. All other specs are the same. They quoted by Q1 2013 or December 2012. So really who knows.

Padrino
09/30/2012, 08:21 PM
thanks for that update. This controller has been n the works for over 5 years to my knowledge and will be out of date before its released. Wonder what will happen for a true US release date.

Canadaguy
10/01/2012, 01:14 AM
Yup time to look at other alternatives. What a joke and yes Vertex should be embarrassed as I know I would be if I was them.
:thumbdown

Joe0813
10/20/2012, 04:09 PM
good thing i didnt wait for this thing. dont hold your breath

Dustin1300
10/27/2012, 11:31 AM
Was this not debuted at MACNA 2012 in Dallas Fort Worth this weekend????

I've not read through this whole thread but I did talk to Vertex a bit about this controller...(After my base unit of Apex decided to burn out while I was at MACNA!) Seems the latest build is on the ICS FW of Android and they "said" targeting a release in December of 2013. This is a target date but I'd prefer a company do it's R&D rather than releasing a product that's not fully tested, considering it's the brains of our reefs. I found it especially interesting that one of the engineers building it said that it'd integrate with Apex modules. Did not elaborate on everything it would be would be nice so I don't lose all the money I've put into the Apex!

That all being said...Here are some pics I snapped at MACNA:
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp32/Dustin_1300_Reef/IMG_1455.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp32/Dustin_1300_Reef/IMG_1457.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp32/Dustin_1300_Reef/IMG_1458.jpg

IU2468
11/14/2012, 10:06 AM
Ive been waiting and waiting on this just don't know if i can wait another year

CBlair
11/21/2012, 12:28 AM
Any new news? If its true it will not be released untill december 2013...bye bye vertex... hello apex or profilux.

Jeremy B.
11/21/2012, 08:57 AM
It will definitely be released before December 2013!

Dustin1300
11/21/2012, 04:37 PM
It will definitely be released before December 2013!

That was a mistake. I meant December 2012 is what they said at MACNA.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

mtlreeffreak
11/21/2012, 10:39 PM
this thing is seems like it will Never come out!

CBlair
11/22/2012, 01:27 AM
Whew!! thast good news if they say it will be released in december. i can wait another month or so, But lets hope they set a release date and stick to it...

Canadaguy
11/22/2012, 02:02 PM
The word I got this week from a pretty reliable source is January or Feb 2013 as they are just working on the final stages of the programming now.

Duc1098
12/24/2012, 09:53 AM
Any update on the release date and price? I'm about to go out and buy an apex, but I also want to buy a Libra doser so I would like to have that integration.

Jeremy B.
12/26/2012, 09:59 AM
I will be speaking with Vertex tomorrow, I'll see if I can get a realistic update on this.

Padrino
12/26/2012, 12:05 PM
Can't wait to hear their response.

Dustin1300
12/26/2012, 12:49 PM
I have some pics from MACNA if need be. but they may have changed since then too...

I posted some MACNA ones a while back. They also had the Europe version at MACNA.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

Padrino
12/31/2012, 08:02 AM
I will be speaking with Vertex tomorrow, I'll see if I can get a realistic update on this.

Jeremy,
Was there any information on the release date?
Cheers

Jeremy B.
01/02/2013, 01:00 PM
Nothing definite, only some estimated time frames from them right now. Sorry for the not so great news.

Plato
01/02/2013, 01:15 PM
Its OK Jeremy, you sell Apex:)

pclausen
01/02/2013, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I just broke down and ordered one of those today.

You do have those in stock, right Jeremy? :D

Dustin1300
01/02/2013, 02:23 PM
Its OK Jeremy, you sell Apex:)

Well stated sir. They (Vertex) said the Apex modules would integrate with the Cerebra so that's what I'd like to bank on. While I like my Apex, I'm a gadget nerd and controllers on the market currently are very dated need some major updating (Like wireless?!). A new controller maker could easily sweep the market as it stands today. I'd love to see wireless and redundancy for the main brain so I'm not stuck in situations like this year where my Apex burnt up shortly after arriving at MACNA.

Padrino
01/02/2013, 02:35 PM
well stated sir. They (vertex) said the apex modules would integrate with the cerebra so that's what i'd like to bank on. While i like my apex, i'm a gadget nerd and controllers on the market currently are very dated need some major updating (like wireless?!). A new controller maker could easily sweep the market as it stands today. I'd love to see wireless and redundancy for the main brain so i'm not stuck in situations like this year where my apex burnt up shortly after arriving at macna.

amen brother!

Duc1098
02/19/2013, 10:38 PM
In almost ready to just buy an Apex. I'm holding out, but the lack of any kind of information from vertex is making me want to buy something else. I wouldn't mind holding out if there was more info out there.

Joe0813
02/21/2013, 04:41 PM
vertex cerebra = epic fail.... geesh this thing was supposed to come out two years ago... ill be buying a apex from premium aquatics after my 180 upgrade is done... well maybe by that time the cerebra will be out.. maybe :headwally: :ape:

ArmanS
02/24/2013, 04:25 PM
hopefully before my tank is here you will have a actual release date!!

Blueline12
02/24/2013, 04:47 PM
Hopefully you ain't setting that tank up until 2015 by the time this thing comes out.

Sheesh.

hopefully before my tank is here you will have a actual release date!!

BiggestE22
02/25/2013, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNLXMXh4YPI

Nice video on their newish products including the Libra and cerebra. Sort of my plan to have all white and red in the fish room I am building. Once the cerebra comes out I will start a build with lots of pics...

unze
03/02/2013, 12:51 PM
The unit looks amazing. Will make the GHL profilux obsolete.
Price will be interesting.

bluetang<3
04/14/2013, 05:23 PM
Don't want to kick a dead horse but any new news ??

unze
04/15/2013, 07:26 PM
Due out 2020:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Jeremy B.
04/17/2013, 11:21 AM
I just heard that they're still working on it, nothing definite though.

Joe0813
04/23/2013, 09:24 PM
Hopefully this comes out when my upgrade is done .... maybe

Padrino
06/30/2013, 07:43 PM
Does anyone know the physical dimensions of the head unit. I am building a recessed box in a section of an interior wall and Im trying to ensure I leave enough room for the head unit. Any support would be extremely grateful. This is like pulling teeth from a vicious animal

Reef1121
07/01/2013, 12:32 AM
I don't think it's ever going to come out to be honest. You should save your money and hold off on the build lol

I mean look how old this thread is and that should tell you how long we've all been speculating...

Jeremy B.
07/01/2013, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I really haven't heard anything new at all unfortunately. Maybe we'll know more by MACNA?

Padrino
07/01/2013, 08:39 AM
I have spoken to 4 different people within vertex. The best I got was they will have something at macna or more information at that point. All I want is the physical dimensions. I can wait for the unit. Just want to make provisions for it

Dustin1300
07/01/2013, 09:18 AM
I think my error in posting last year after MACNA was more accurate than what they told me. Let's hope for December of 2013! :)

Reef1121
07/02/2013, 10:48 AM
I really do hope they release something at MACNA this year otherwise I don't think it's going to ever come out. To be honest and just my opinion, whichever controller company at MACNA that releases info regarding a controller that incorporates wifi, Bluetooth 4.0 and a tablet style face unit will make a killing in the market.

Jeremy B.
07/02/2013, 03:19 PM
I think there will be one new controller announced at MACNA for sure from another company based here in the US that is a pretty tech-savvy bunch. That product will be very interesting to see!

Joe0813
07/19/2013, 10:17 PM
Vertex Cerebra = ultimate fail

unze
07/20/2013, 01:34 AM
will make a killing in the market.
I highly doubt any company is making a killing with the controllers as the market is so small.
As as i can see most of the controllers around have very little development due to low margins and profits.

Blueline12
08/31/2013, 07:49 PM
Met the Vertex guys at MACNA and they said coming in December but we heard that before. They are awaiting UL approval on the bars.

Padrino
08/31/2013, 07:51 PM
My source at macna said the same thing.

Dustin1300
08/31/2013, 10:12 PM
Hahaha. My question was followed by laugh when I ask yesterday;)

Peter Eichler
08/31/2013, 10:38 PM
I spoke with the head engineer and he seemed confident in Nov. or Dec. we'll see. He took me through a tex run and it was pretty cool.

Joe0813
12/09/2013, 08:36 PM
well we are in december and loooook at thaaat still no news. :( unless i missed it

Dustin1300
12/10/2013, 08:43 PM
well we are in december and loooook at thaaat still no news. :( unless i missed it

Nope, Vertex is never going to deliver this thing to market. If they don't have enough confidence in their own product to release after this long then I don't think I want to put on my tank!:headwally:

Jeremy B.
12/11/2013, 08:21 AM
Back in September I heard the end of December, but haven't talked to them about it since.

Joe0813
12/11/2013, 09:14 AM
Wasn't it supposed to be out two Decembers ago?

zack1a
01/26/2014, 04:07 AM
I recently finished my cancer vaccination chewable. I'll be releasing it at the end on the month, keep an eye out at your local Walgreens.

Heathcoot
07/24/2014, 10:41 PM
I hope we can just add power bars and don't have the need for all the different modules like apex but if that's the only way to add different parts of equipment just guess we will have to deal with it price sounds competitive for looking to be the best controller to come!

unze
08/11/2014, 11:46 PM
Any update on the Cerebra?

mtlreeffreak
08/31/2014, 05:35 PM

loll

unze
09/01/2014, 12:34 PM
Due out 2020
Looks like it is on schedule for 2020

James77
09/04/2014, 06:37 PM

Yes...it is a controller that is due out any year now.

Dustin1300
09/04/2014, 07:11 PM
They had it at macna again, actually had the appropriate plus but when i ask for eta, just smiled; )

Joe0813
12/24/2014, 12:42 PM
what ever happen to this thing... i think we've been following this thing for 2 years now

unze
01/17/2015, 11:39 AM
Whats happening with this controller? is it ever going to happen.

unze
01/14/2016, 12:50 PM
Any update on the controller?

Premiumaq
01/15/2016, 12:29 AM
I don't have any way to check. Proline is the distributor on them.

soulpatch
05/19/2016, 08:06 PM
brs posted a vid online saying 6/20 is release date...

unze
05/24/2016, 03:24 PM
Would not read to much into release date. could be a few years away given all the other dates never happened.

Salty150
06/11/2016, 03:50 PM
It supposedly is coming 6/20...

mtlreeffreak
07/03/2016, 10:14 PM
I might be dead before it comes out.

Safedad
07/20/2016, 05:49 AM
They shipped yesterday from aquarium specialty.

jasonfrey
07/20/2016, 01:07 PM
We are shipping out our first batch, we still have a 2nd batch coming. We are filling orders in the exact order received. We do still have a few left from the preorder batch available for pre-order as well.

jkobel
08/04/2016, 08:19 PM
I just pre-ordered from BRS - any clue when these will ship??

jasonfrey
08/04/2016, 09:02 PM
You would have to contact BRS for ETA. This is Premium Aquatics's forum :)

jkobel
08/05/2016, 01:39 PM
hmmm, i feel like an idiot but thanks for taking that in stride..

jasonfrey
08/05/2016, 01:51 PM
No problem :) It's a long thread that has been around for years, so easy to do...