PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI Top off ?

saltysailor2329
10/27/2011, 01:06 PM
So I have my RO/DI system setup to fill a 32g Brute. It has a float valve hooked up to ensure I always have a full container. My question is can I run a tube splitter and then run another tube to my 100g stock tank with another float valve attached to it as well to ensure that my top offs are done consistently? The only reason I ask is because when one container becomes full there would be the back pressure to stop it from filling that container, but would it then override that back pressure when the other container needed water? Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Comtek
10/27/2011, 01:15 PM
you should use another float switch to tell your ro/di that the brute is low then make more water.
allowing your ro/di to come on and only make tiny bits of water you will get higher ppm readings that way. the first bit of water that comes out always hase a highter nutrient PPM.
allowing it to run longer cuts down the amount of bad water that gets made

bigbris1
10/27/2011, 01:49 PM
This method will surely allow some undesirables into your water. Why not use the old school method of making water once the meter reads 0.00? You can DIY an ATO to fill the tank and fill that up manually.