PDA

View Full Version : Apex Jr. - Constant Rebooting

Banjo
10/27/2011, 02:45 PM
Hey everyone,

I've had my Apex Jr. for a a couple of months now and it's an amazing unit. One problem that I have never been able to (or have gotten around to) fix is my unit shows a power failure daily, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, when there is no failure present. It's less than 60 seconds time difference so I'm assuming the unit is rebooting. Why would it be rebooting this often?

I tried updating the firmware to the most recent version last night, hoping that would fix the problem, but I woke up this morning to more "power failures."

It wouldn't be such a big deal, but everytime it reboots my graphs seem to lose tons of data. Especially my dosing, I dose every hour and alternate between Ca and Alk. The graphs don't register half the doses because of all the reboots.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

aquamanic
10/27/2011, 03:06 PM
Check to insure:

- if external access is provided, you've changed your port from the default of 80
- the Aquaserver option is disabled
- you should have supplemental power (12vdc) on a UPS in case some of these are small utility 'blips'
- current firmware but you've already done that

There might be others but these are the big ones

Banjo
10/27/2011, 05:08 PM
I haven't configured external access yet, but the port is still 80. (That means having the Apex on the internet, right?)

How do I disable the aquaserver? I checked through a lot of the settings on the browser and couldn't find it. I have an Apex Jr., so everything has to be done through the browser.

I will be picking up a UPS to see if this is the problem if it's not one of the above.

Thank you for the quick reply, Alan!

Nick

aquamanic
10/27/2011, 05:16 PM
without external access, port 80 is fine.

Aquaserver is only done through the display so forget that.

Make sure your Power Monitor is disabled if not using 12v supplemental power. That's on the Misc Setup web page.

If you get a UPS remember that it needs to power your controller module, your router and cable/dsl modem. Hopefully everything is close enough you can do it with one. I use a 300w one and it's plenty big enough. This way you can get emails even if power is out to your house.