PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner Shrimp sick/dieng?

LennyD4
10/28/2011, 04:00 PM
So for the past couple of days I noticed that my cleaner shrimp hasnt eaten. Also his "feelers" look a little bit droopy. I'm not sure if he may be molting, or just dieng? He is still hanging upside down on the rock he normally is on. I'm not sure if anything is wrong or if this is normal behavior when molting.

Zappo
10/28/2011, 04:24 PM
Is it fully grown? How long have you had it? I've only had one die of old age so far, but the symptoms were a lot like you describe. It grew sluggish and lost interest in food for the most part about a week before it died.

When they molt it's pretty quick. Mine have always done it at night, and are always back to their usual curious selves by the next day.

LennyD4
10/28/2011, 05:09 PM
It definitely is not fully grown, he is pretty small still. I did notice a piece of something floating in my tank before, to me it looked like a piece of his feeler, so maybe he is molting.

JustaG0ldfish
10/28/2011, 05:18 PM
Is it fully grown? How long have you had it? I've only had one die of old age so far, but the symptoms were a lot like you describe. It grew sluggish and lost interest in food for the most part about a week before it died.

When they molt it's pretty quick. Mine have always done it at night, and are always back to their usual curious selves by the next day.

How long did your Cleaner shrimp live? I've had mine for a year and half now.

LennyD4 I wish you luck on your cleaner shrimp. Its definitely a plus that he's still "hanging out" in his usual spot.

LennyD4
10/28/2011, 05:29 PM
Appreciate it, I really hope the little guy is alright.