PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Firmware 4.10 and up

Dactylopterus
10/29/2011, 07:26 AM
When I bought my Apex it came with 4.05_4D11 and it worked flawlessly, then I tried to install the 4.10 BETA and had problems of communication, sometimes it connected, sometimes not. I had to install back 4.05_4D11

Now I tried to install 4.10_6C11, at first it was working well but now I have the same communication problem as with the Beta. It begins to upload the web pages but then it simply stops. I've cycled the power on my apex twice and it worked for sometime. Its no my router since I just powered the apex again and it worked again, so that gave me the time to install again 4.05_4D11.

Do I have an defective unit?

Russ please connect again my Apex to Reeftronics, I'm "Daniel S"

This is my first post about this problem:

Installed firmware 4.10 6C11, now I have problems connecting from my computer, sometimes it does sometimes not. Didn't have any issues before. Now I'm going back to 4.05

From Reeftronics I can see the graphs but can't see the status of the outlets and they sent me an E-mail saying that the connection was lost, but now everything is OK. Firmware issues? I really don't know but before that everything was ok.

Thanks,

RussM
10/29/2011, 09:22 AM
If 4.05 meets your needs, then stick with it for the time being. Curt is trying to chase down the intermittent problem some are experiencing with the web server hanging with newer firmware, which is what you experienced, I think.

BTW... each automated email you get from Reeftronics has a "test" link; if you click on that, Reeftronics will do a real-time test and let you know the results immediately. If polling had been suspended due to communications errors and the test passes, the suspended flag will be cleared and polling will automatically be resumed.

Dactylopterus
10/31/2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks, I will stick with 4,05 for now. Now my Apex it's working without problems again. Hope this problem will get fixed soon. Thanks again.