PDA

View Full Version : Stocky Anthias need company?

DeniseAndy
10/29/2011, 04:02 PM
I have had a Stocky Anthias female now for about 8 months. I originally thought I had two, but one turned out to be a luzonensis. The luzo died after two months and after the necropsy, I could only come up with cyanide. Bummer.

Anyway, my beautiful stocky female is my only anthias. I am wondering (since they shoal in nature) whether I should invest in a couple more. I love them, but want to make sure it is what is best for my current one. Considering longevity, would she be more happy with a group, or would they not get along?

My tank is a 210g with 50-75gal sump. All my fish are peaceful species and rarely have too many issues.

Thanks for any opinions.
Denise

DeniseAndy
10/31/2011, 12:11 PM
No ideas, Anthias keepers????

MIKE NY
10/31/2011, 02:20 PM
I have stockies along with other species of anthias and I find, like with most shoaling fish, that they just do better with a group of the same species or other anthias. Mine are out as soon as they see any other anthias swimming.

DeniseAndy
11/01/2011, 07:45 PM
That is what I thought. If I get a couple more, I will get females, but should I take the current one out to add at same time? (After QT of course) She has never been aggressive to other fish, but not sure on their own. She never bothered the other guy much. Thanks.