PDA

View Full Version : Shipped brown premoberry

TucanSam007
10/29/2011, 08:47 PM
Hey guys I recently received a frag pack and got an "freebie" (premoberry). It's the only one that arrived brown with slight/no PE and it has been on my frag rack for a few weeks with no change. What would be the best way to nurse this piece back to health.

returnofsid
10/30/2011, 11:36 AM
"premoberry" isn't very descriptive. Maybe it's supposed to be brown.

How about a lil' information about your tank:
lighting
flow
inhabitants
parameters

What kind of coral is premoberry? Where is the rack it's sitting on, in relationship to your lights and flow?

Can you get information on the conditions of the tank you purchased it from?

israel.kendall
10/30/2011, 11:37 AM
Dingleberry! Haha sorry I just had to.

chefzif
10/30/2011, 11:52 AM
sure you do not mean Pearlberry!

rtbm
10/30/2011, 03:12 PM
something is telling me that he does indeed mean "premoberry"

I'd suggest leaving it where it is. If everything else looks happy and it hasn't rtn'd yet, your PR just needs some time.:thumbsup:

TucanSam007
10/30/2011, 07:59 PM
haha thanks, no its not a pearl berry, I got this from adam at Battle corals http://battlecorals.com/Premoberry-111.htm. I will just leave it be and hopefully it will start to color up because it does look awesome! My other acros are doing well, maybe this one just needs some time after all the shipping stress. Just kinda boggles my mind that the other more shipping sensitive frags retained color like the Ice fire echinata and the aussie echinata and yet this one got all washed out/browned out. Anyways thanks guys and with me luck I'll keep you posted :)

returnofsid
10/30/2011, 08:09 PM
LOL Well, Premoberry it is! As suggested, give it time. If it's getting adequate light, good flow and good water conditions, it'll color up, in time.

REEF SMAC
10/30/2011, 10:16 PM
If it's the same Premoberry I've seen in a few local tanks around my area, you are gonne love it.
:)

dvanacker
10/31/2011, 07:59 AM
What is the history of this premoberry Adam?

Looks pretty nice.

crawlerman
10/31/2011, 09:44 AM
It probably browned out in their system, that's why it was a freebie.

rtbm
10/31/2011, 04:01 PM
What is the history of this premoberry Adam?

Looks pretty nice.

Got mine in a trade long ago with the one and only Justin Premo. So...............there you have it. The mystery of the PB revealed.:frog:

It's an amazing acro. Maybe yours got a little stunned or something.

SBRob
10/31/2011, 07:13 PM
From what I have noticed a pearlbery usually needs a lot of light.

Dog boy Dave
10/31/2011, 07:42 PM
Web site looks great Adam. I still got a soli and an efflo for you when ever you want it m8.

chefzif
10/31/2011, 08:21 PM
Real nice looking piece it should color up! i have heard good things from them! Good luck!

klepto
10/31/2011, 10:14 PM
Got mine in a trade long ago with the one and only Justin Premo. So...............there you have it. The mystery of the PB revealed.:frog:

It's an amazing acro.

+1
Premoberry is a cool piece.

It bears a striking resemblance to ORA's Pearlberry when healthy. The corallite structure looks near identical in some systems (I'm thinking of Dbarsotti's) and in others it looks clearly different.

Hopefully Dom can chime in on how he has dialed it in. It seems to be one of those pieces that will brown out and stay brown unless conditions improve.

My understanding is that it requires high PAR to bring out it's best colors. I'm not sure about flow requirements. I would surmise that high/varied flow would be ideal.

Myzislow should be able to offer more information for us.

rtbm
11/01/2011, 06:26 AM
The pic of the one Tsam posted does belong to me in fact. Its like getting blasted for sure. It's normally kept under 250 watt iwasaki 65k's. I threw in a radium to get that pic though.

The more light the better but it the OPs case I think he should let it round the color corner before he blasts it with as much light as he can give.

I forgot, were you running Led's on that tank of yours?

Tsams freebie was at the outer part of a light rail system and was getting very little light.

Still a great freebie as long as it actually comes around:spin1: