PDA

View Full Version : How to clean base rock???

symon_say
10/31/2011, 11:51 AM
Hi

I was at a place today and i found a lot of base rock, the problem is all the rock was underground and it have a lot of dirt, and i want to make then as clean as possible before put then into the tank.

This are the rocks i have found:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p186/symon_say/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMDMxLTAwMDgxLmpwZw.jpg

billdogg
10/31/2011, 12:09 PM
Can't see the picture because I'm at work, but all I have ever done is rinse well with the garden hose and a brush if needed.

Sugar Magnolia
10/31/2011, 12:14 PM
I'd say, scrub them well with a scrub brush and hose, then let them soak overnight in a tub full of ro/di and bleach. Remove them in the morning and let them dry out fully. It'll probably take some time for them to dry completely.

Ron Reefman
10/31/2011, 01:03 PM
I'd say, scrub them well with a scrub brush and hose, then let them soak overnight in a tub full of ro/di and bleach. Remove them in the morning and let them dry out fully. It'll probably take some time for them to dry completely.

Why use ro/di if you are going to add bleach? I'd soak it in water with bleach, spray it off good, soak it some more in just water, brush it, rinse it and then soak it for a day (or however long you want) in saltwater from your aquarium water change.

symon_say
10/31/2011, 03:41 PM
thanks a lot, i'm brushing and cleaning right now, i'll let then on bleach tonight.

mike&kel
11/01/2011, 12:54 AM
Nuclear fluid like what Borat patted on his... Nope just kidding you are on the right path. Just say no to hitchhikers