PDA

View Full Version : Regal Angel with "chapped lips"

holdyourlight
10/31/2011, 03:43 PM
Hey guys, i have a regal angel in QT that has what i can only describe as chapped lips. I apologize that i cannot get a picture because he is still very very scared and hides in pvc pipe when i come in the room.

I am not sure what if anything to treat with.

My first thoughts are maracyn 1 and 2, but not sure.

He has already been thru prazipro and is currently being treated with quinine sulfate/crypto pro. He is showing signs of ich. I believe that the chromis that he was shipped with brought it in.

I do not treat angels with cupramine so the quinine sulfate is what i am using to treat the ich. I dont want this thread to be about QS i was hoping just to get some opinions on the chapped lips......

b0bab0ey
11/01/2011, 08:28 AM
My biggest concern would be the active ingredients in Maracyn 1 & 2 (erythromycin & minocycline respectively) interacting with the quinine sulfate. I would call support for one (or both) of them.

holdyourlight
11/01/2011, 09:44 AM
thanks, b0bab0ey. Good idea.

I was able to finally get a pic of the ailment.

Hopefully someone can diagnose now?

b0bab0ey
11/01/2011, 10:07 AM
thanks, b0bab0ey. Good idea.

I was able to finally get a pic of the ailment.

Hopefully someone can diagnose now?

While I'm not 100% sure what that is, I'd treat it as a bacterial infection. Maracyn 1 & 2 covers both fungal & bacterial, so it should cover most of the bases. If they tell you "no" about mixing the active ingredients of Maracyn 1 & 2 with quinine sulfate, ask if Furan-2 (Nitrofurazone and Furazolidone) are OK.

holdyourlight
11/01/2011, 12:13 PM
Just got answers from two experts

both think mechanical damage from being caught