PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on a Kalkwasser/IV Drip Setup

srowland
11/01/2011, 08:59 AM
I am attempting to set up an IV drip bag (1000ml) with Kalkwasser mix to dose my 150g reef. Any suggestions on where to start on the drip portion. I see drips that are 10, 15 and 20 drops per Ml. Just not sure where to begin.

Thanks!
Shelly

falconut
11/01/2011, 10:19 AM
Not sure what 10, 15 and 20 drops per Ml is, but I have my Kalk dripping on average about 1 drop ever second or two. Could you just play with it until you get 1 drop every second or two? Just check to be certain the water level doesn't rise. If it starts rising, then you'll need to slow the drip until you're at or below your evaporation rate.

JJIM
11/01/2011, 12:12 PM
Agreed, its going to be trial and error unless you know specifically how much evap you lose each day. I would suggest starting slower and you can always kick it up if you need to.

Do you plan to dose kalk all day? Personally I only dose kalk at night when the pH drops and then it keeps the pH and evap levels more consistant. I use a doser from Bulk Reef Supply (BRS), the "Drew's Doser Peristaltic Dosing Pump" which most people have had great success with, including myself.

Yinzer
11/01/2011, 02:27 PM
Where do you get an IV drip for that?