PDA

View Full Version : One to grow on!

jbanks
11/02/2011, 11:28 AM
Ok folks.. Here is a mistake I recenlty made that I just want to put out there to all APEX users or users of any other controllers that can be accessed from a mobile device.... Over the last week and a half, I've watched my ORP climb from the usual 410 to 420 range to as high as 600+.. My first thought was.. time to clean the probe because that's impossible. My water was looking clearer than ever, but my fish seemed a bit more skitish than usual... I never even considered looking at whether my Ozonizer shut off because, I have it "programmed" to shut of at 420... Well early yesterday I did a check and realized that somwhere along the line I must have fat-fingered my Ozone switch on my phone applet from "Auto" (which follows your program) to "Manual on", which just stays on. So I switched it to auto and my Ozotech shut off. By the time I got home last night, my ORP had droped to around 440 and by this morning it was at 420... I was a bit shocked because I have not serviced my Ozonizer in a while and I do not use an air dryer so I "assumed" it wasn't pumping out much ozone anyway.. Together with the assumption that my probe was dirty and was not reading correctly, I could have caused a catastrophe in my Tank.. Well, I have once again learned my lesson about assumptions. Now, if for some reason I find out that an ORP of 600+ eradicated all of my AEFWs.. eggs and all.. I will become a self clamied over-night reefing sensation! LOL... Moral of the story... keep your eyes on your mobile controllers folks..

Have a great day everyone!

swearint
11/02/2011, 12:15 PM
First, you could program your email/alarm to give a warning when ORP exceeds a specific value. Second, you could program a virtual outlet to send an email/alarm if the ozone outlet stays ON for longer than a specified period.

Todd

aquamanic
11/02/2011, 01:31 PM
program your email/alarm

X2

The beauty of these things is not only do they monitor but they notify. Use the alarms and emails generously - high and low conditions for every probe, switch and important condition you can think of (except UV).

jbanks
11/02/2011, 03:28 PM
Great idea guys. I have have to add ORP to my alerts for email! Thanks..

Bryan
11/02/2011, 04:14 PM
X2

(except UV).

Hahaha :fun2::fun2: