PDA

View Full Version : Extending Tunze cables

ecomdesign
11/02/2011, 08:18 PM
I'm helping a friend who needs a hand extending 2 cables on his Tunze 6100.

The first cable is the Din5. This cable needs to be extended by 6ft. I'm thinking of just adding a cable in with a male on one end and a female on the other.

The other cable that needs extending is the power cable. I'm not sure of the exact name of the connector needed, but you can see the pic below. Again with this cable, I'm planning to add a cable in with male on one end and female on the other. This cable will only need a 3ft extension.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt223/Nessbird/Geckos/fc5ccd0d.jpg

Is it ok to extend these cables without doing any damage to the powerhead? What type of connector is in the pic above?

Thank you!

rvitko
11/03/2011, 09:22 AM
The power is 2.5 by 5.5mm. Ideally I would just work with what is there, the cable from the pump is 16ft so I can't really imagine a situation where that cannot be brought to the controller and power supply. The DIN extension is the main issue, the signal may be too weak and this may cause erratic operation or result in no controller function.

ecomdesign
11/03/2011, 06:46 PM
Thank you for your response. Point well taken. We will have to figure out another option to improve wire management around the tank.