PDA

View Full Version : Illuminating Illuminata

j1wood
11/03/2011, 11:55 AM
I'm getting back into the hobby with a fresh start. I broke my 135 trying to move it during a renovation..thinking it was a blessing in disguise. Anyway, I had a 14 bulb t5 constellation fixture on it and never liked the look. I was never sure if it was the 2 million bulb combos it could have or I just like the look of halides better. Anyway, open to suggestion here on my new 57 rimless, but was thinking of just using a single 250W halide pendant (i.e Hamilton Cayman Sun) or trying T5 again with the 4 bulb ATI sunpower. Realistically, I won't be SPS dominated for a long time to come if I ever do. I don't really want to spend >$500 and am less concerned with supplemental lighting options. Obviously with the rimless I would prefer something sleek and suspended. Thoughts?

Kolognekoral
11/04/2011, 05:11 AM
As I recall the 57 is about 36" long, which means a 24" Vertex Illumina would be perfect. A bit more than you wanted to spend, but it is sleek and ultra cool.

kellerexpress
11/05/2011, 05:38 AM
The new ecoxotic panorama pro Led fixtures are coming out pretty soon, the 24" version will be about 500 bucks. That's what I would do. They come with a nice clean mount or you could hang it if you preferred.

jgalvin
11/09/2011, 11:34 PM
ditto on the ecoxotic, i have one unit over my illuminata and looks very modern. Love the light and very customizable with stunner strips, etc.

mordibv
11/10/2011, 07:20 AM
I have seen the 57 rimless lit with 2 AI Sols .
4 bulb aquatic tech t5 .
6 bulb Ati sunpower with ReefBrite Leds attached .
ETC etc .
I Like the 3rd option - 2 bulbs to get shimmer .Once put together it doesn't look bad .