PDA

View Full Version : How would you plum this

njhadfield
11/03/2011, 04:12 PM
I currently have a 90 gallon tank and have 40 gallon sump under the tank. I would like to move the sump to the garage where i have my rodi tank and would like all the "white" noise out in the garage. My question is....
1. I know i need the mag drive 12 out in the garage to send the water back to the tank, where would i place the 2 pump to pump the water to my sumps. Do i place the pump under my tank or out side in garage the let the mag drive syfon the water from the tank to my sumps.

2. If i place the mag drive under my tank and also have on in the garage if i want to do a water change or any thing else in the tank, haveing to kill 2 pumps at the same time in 2 different locations i can see this being a problem

Meshmez
11/03/2011, 04:21 PM
Do you have some sort of picture or diagram of the area you are talking about? are we talking about going to the other side of the wall into the garage? or across the house to the garage? If you are just going to the other side of the wall you should be able to have your drain come off the bottom of the tank through the wall and into the sump (assuming the sump can still be low to the ground) If you are talking about going a long distance I would imagine it will require quite a bit more work, and probably some pretty strong pumps...

EDIT: sorry didnt see the attachment at first. some dimensions would be good though, and is that a walkway or something between the "tank" and the "wall"?

njhadfield
11/03/2011, 04:26 PM
I would be looking at going into the wall behind the tank and then under the to the garage. The garage is 3 feet lower than the floor the tank in sitting on. I did make a half hearted diagram on the attatcment

njhadfield
11/03/2011, 04:28 PM
Look at the attached file. From the tank to the sumps would be about 37 feet with 5 90 deree angles or i may get away using 45 degree angles to cut out some back presure.

njhadfield
11/03/2011, 04:37 PM
This attached file would be a over head view

Meshmez
11/03/2011, 04:52 PM
would you be able to put sump one and sump 2 next to each other at ground level in the garage? that way MAYBE you can just go straight through the floor under that tank, 90 degree to run right below the floor beams, and then out into the tanks in the garage. this would allow you to gravity feed the sumps.. 37 feet is pretty far though...