PDA

View Full Version : Need a Cable loop barrel with set screws for hanging kit - where to find?

agoutihead
11/03/2011, 08:52 PM
I need to make a loop in wire cable to hang my light and I need to use a loop barrel with set screws like pictured here: (the two on the left)

http://www.cablegrippers.com/accessories-cable-hardware.html

That company probably doesn't sell just a single one, I believe they're wholesale, but does anyone know who else sells these or what else they may be called? Not having much luck on google and I know they are around because I had one but some how lost it.

Thanks.

horwitzs
11/03/2011, 09:27 PM
You can get aluminum ferrules at Home Depot for a buck or two. You pinch them closed with pliers rather than use a set screw but works just as well.
They are located by the chain & galvanized cable.

agoutihead
11/03/2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah I seen those, I really want the barrel with the set screws so I can adjust the loop

agoutihead
11/05/2011, 02:09 AM
Anyone?

myram
11/05/2011, 06:06 AM
If you go to your local HVAC supply house, they have "Clutchers" that are the same exact thing. There are different sizes for the weight and cable used, so for a light pendent the smallest size cable and clutcher cl10's would be fine. They are made by Ductmate and are sold in 10pks, but you might be able to get smaller amounts from them.

Steve