PDA

View Full Version : Alittle advice please :)

Jason04r
11/05/2011, 04:36 PM
Hello,

I've just purchased my new tank and it comes with a filtration system. It says its compatible with marine setup.

Heres alittle information:

• For fresh or marine aquariums; This is the exact same filter/pump found on popular Bio Cube Aquariums, for much less!
• Main biological filter or supplemental filtration
• Anchors with high power suction cups
• Complete filtration material included: Sponge, Ceramic Bio Media, carbon
• Pump Included
• Space for submersible heater
• Unique Wet/Dry filter for aquarists looking for an inexpensive bio filter and with no space on the back of an aquarium for a Power filter.
• BF-200 for aquariums up to 200 liters (50 gallons) by itself (larger as a supplement). Includes a 9 watt (185 gph) pump.
• Easily connects to a UV Sterilizer, something an HOB (aquarium power filters CANNOT do). See the picture above, (far right, pictured with a Terminator 5 Watt UV Sterilizer)
• Excellent for use in marine aquariums, even larger reef aquariums as for instance 3 can be easily placed in the back of a 150 gallon aquarium (I would also add additional power heads such as the Via Aqua 1300)
• Can be filled with live rock crumbles and oolite sand (the sand MUST be place in a nylon bag and place in the bottom of a chamber) in reef aquariums for excellent nitrate control.

I just wanted to know if i should use this system or i should not use it. I'm going to have live rock in the tank also.

Thanks for the help.

Jay