PDA

View Full Version : RKL Help Needed for AutoFeeder

deneed4spd
11/09/2011, 12:16 PM
I have a RKL and a Ehiem Fish Feeder and need help pgm.

The fish feeder drops pellets every day at 1 pm. I want to turn off my pump and skimmer at that time.

I would like the pump to turn off at 12:55 pm and turn back on at 1:10 pm. I also want the pump to go on standbye for manual feedings. I believe i tried using the light function and got this accomplished.

I would like the skimmer to turn off at 12:45 pm and turn back on at 1:20 pm. I want the skimmer to also go on standbye with a 30 min delay. Now this is where I get stuck. I dont know of any option that turns off and on based on set time and be able to set a 30 min delay for standbye.

My other things are powerheads which are all setup on mult timers which i could probably leave alone.

Mock
11/09/2011, 12:27 PM
http://www.digitalaquatics.com/downloads/RKL%20User%20Guide.pdf

deneed4spd
11/09/2011, 12:31 PM
Manual doesnt cover this. Its the skimmer 30 min delay thing that is the issue.

Allmost
11/09/2011, 12:41 PM
doesnt matter what you are turning off. set up skimmer turn on and off like you did with your pumps.

mordibv
11/09/2011, 04:26 PM
doesnt matter what you are turning off. set up skimmer turn on and off like you did with your pumps.

+1 When u are programming the skimmer in there is a option to ignore or not in standbye mode . Do not choose ignore . Standbye can be set to whichever time frame you choose .Should be in the main menu of General settings .

deneed4spd
11/10/2011, 08:05 AM
The pump option has a turn off or on but isnt a timer. So i have to use the light option which does have a standby for the pump

The skimmer on the other hand needs to start up later than the pump because if it doesnt, the skimmer overflows since the water level in sump is high. I dont know of an option that allows me to set a specific time to turn on/off the skimmer plus go on standby and have a 30 min delay.