PDA

View Full Version : would like to catch him or her alive

monkeyman14554
11/09/2011, 05:42 PM
ok so i got a small 8 pound piece of live rock and i am now the lucky owner of an manthis shrimp.. only like 2 inches but seems to be attacking my chromis fish at night.. even if not i really do not want him in my display tank i want to trap him and put him in a seperate 30 gallon that runs of the display tanks sump.. cause i really want to keep him for now, but not at the cost of my much needed cleanup crew in this brand new tank.. any suggestions.. set up two pop bottle traps last night no luck so far used some shrimp and dead brine in the other. any advice would help thanks

monkeyman14554
11/09/2011, 06:53 PM
also is there a better food to use in my traps

noidster
11/09/2011, 08:59 PM
chromis are attacking each other....

StephLionfish
11/09/2011, 10:32 PM
Well, I'd remove the rock from the tank if you can. Or else he may go somewhere that you can't remove and/ or you'll have a much harder time getting him out. Have you read the sticky at the top of the mantis forum? I'd start there.

FLMantis
11/10/2011, 12:39 PM
Well, I'd remove the rock from the tank if you can. Or else he may go somewhere that you can't remove and/ or you'll have a much harder time getting him out. Have you read the sticky at the top of the mantis forum? I'd start there.

+1 if you know which rock it is in.