PDA

View Full Version : Elegance flow question

dpeoples
11/10/2011, 04:42 PM
I bought an Aussie Elegance off Live Aquaria a few weeks back. Did all my home work on them before I bought it. I have it placed in the sand like most people suggest. I think it is doing well I am including a pic but I am concerned about the flow. Everything I have read says low/moderate flow. Mine is sitting on the sand about 18 inches below one of my power heads as you can see in the second picture. They are on a wave maker timer so this one cuts on every three minutes. When it is on the elegance is obviously not in direst flow but I guess because of the output or the intake of water my elegance gets a lot more movement then I think is moderate flow. I do not see any pull back on the skeleton or anything else but I thought I would ask about this now instead of once damage is done. So I guess my question is how does it look. I could take a video of it when the powerhead is on and put it up so you can see what I mean but not sure where to put that up.

sqwat
11/11/2011, 03:33 PM
looks fine to me not to blown at all.if it was it would not fully inflate and keep opening and closing to try to regulate itself

dpeoples
11/11/2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the look. Only thing that bothers me is when that power head comes on the whole thing kinda gets, I dont know "sucked up"? the left side flesh comes off the sand and all the tentacles kinda stand straight up

sqwat
11/11/2011, 06:11 PM
i would like to c a pic with wave machine on if you can post one.as long as its not allmost tearing it at the coralite it would adapt.sometimes i block heavy flow with apiece of rock or just change the direction on the flow it just sounds like the elegance is adjusting to the change in flow if its only lifting it off the sand a little then it no prob but if its blowing hard enough to tear it of the coralite then move it or change flow direction.a video will realy help.i see its catching the suction of that powerhead above it .that is a easy fix of just moving the tip of the powerhead down.

dpeoples
11/12/2011, 08:05 AM
Where is a good place i can load a video with it on. I can take one with my cell phone today but its to big to upload here

sqwat
11/12/2011, 08:21 AM
if you van get the video to youre lap top you can resize it.or go to youtube then patch the link

dpeoples
11/12/2011, 08:25 AM
K I will do that today once it is fully open

Big E
11/13/2011, 11:16 AM
Imo, the colony should just lean when the flow changes.........that's when expand the best. They tentacles shouldn't be fluttering in the flow.

elegance coral
11/13/2011, 11:31 AM
This is the flow I have on mine. IMHO, anything more than this is to much.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h7qqSbk8804" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sqwat
11/14/2011, 07:10 AM
i never talked to E.C. but have been reading his post and experements with elegance corals for years so go with what he says and shows you.in his video looks to be very low current so you might want to move powerhead.

Big E
11/14/2011, 07:42 AM
EC's video of the first elegance is perfect.........................you should not see the mouth of the coral when it's fully expanded & the tantacles should be long & fully inflated.

If not you have too much flow