PDA

View Full Version : How to hang a MH fixture

asid61
11/11/2011, 02:44 PM
I got a 250 watt MH from aquacave.com, and I have not figured out how to hang it. It is a large parabolic reflector, and though I have looked everywhere, there are no instructions on how to hang it. Do I just thread a wire through the holes on the ends and hang it from the ceiling? Or is it more complex?
This is the product: http://www.aquacave.com/large-metal-halide-br-parabolic-reflector-set-br-w-mogul-base-2249.html
Thanks!

D_Hood87
11/11/2011, 05:08 PM
those type of reflectors are usually mounted in a canopy. i guess it could be hung from a chain but if i were you and wanted to hang the lights i would return it and get a pendente light. or buy/build a canopy . what size tank are you putting this light on?

Donald

Stercus Accidit
11/11/2011, 05:41 PM
If you are not going to use a canopy then I would hang it by cable or chains, it really is this simple. That is exactly how I hung mine when I was using one for growing. Chain gives you the ability to adjust the height from the tank if ever needed. It's simple, and cheap. Chain at Walmart, and a couple screw in hooks will run you $10 maybe

asid61
11/12/2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks!