PDA

View Full Version : Stocking List for my 125 gallon!

TriggerFreak1
11/12/2011, 11:42 AM
Ok guys and gals, need some input and advice, this is what im thinking for my fish list for 125 gal FO tank! Let me know if it is way too much or not-i will be getting all of these fish pretty small.

-Achilles Tang-have
-Blonde Naso Tang-have
-Guinea Fowl Puffer-have
-Queen Angel
-Flagfin Angel
-Regal Angel
-Moorish Idol-2 to 3 of them
-Clown Trigger

enjetek
11/12/2011, 11:52 AM
no to the clown trigger (18"+) and queen angel (18"+) because they get too big. the idols and regal are very skittish too so hopefully they eat well before you get them. take back the naso tang (18"+) and even the puffer (20") since they will get too big also.

i would TRY (based on max size):
achilles tang
flagfin
regal
and maybe idols

TriggerFreak1
11/12/2011, 11:57 AM
planning on upgrading to an 180 or 210 within a yr or so

enjetek
11/12/2011, 12:00 PM
still a no go based on the updated response. look how big those fish get and then add in some aggression with some of your preferred fish - its a recipe for disaster.

Nighthawk31
11/12/2011, 02:38 PM
The Queen and Clown will outgrow your tank. However, depending on how big they are when purchased it could be 3 or 4 years before they do. The clown will most likely kill everything in it's tank also. But, then again this could be several years before it happens.

TriggerFreak1
11/12/2011, 03:16 PM
The Queen and Clown will outgrow your tank. However, depending on how big they are when purchased it could be 3 or 4 years before they do. The clown will most likely kill everything in it's tank also. But, then again this could be several years before it happens.

That was my thought ill take the clown off of my list. I was planning on getting it still in the phase when it was yellow with white dots all over it!

enjetek
11/12/2011, 03:53 PM
The puffer and naso tang get just as big so shouldn't they be off the list too....