PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a Seaclone?

dela
11/14/2011, 08:18 AM
I'd like to have a small skimmer for the Q-tank. My old seaclone skimmer never actually skimmed and when I hooked it up yesterday, it started leaking current into the tank. So either it's going in the trash, or I'm going to modify it to work a little better.

Any thoughts?

The way it's built, it might be hard to make it a recirculating skimmer. Also, since you can't control the output of the skimmer, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. Plus, now I need a new pump...

Mark

hebygb
11/14/2011, 08:40 AM
You have discovered pretty much what everyone does... time to go to the store

dela
11/14/2011, 09:42 AM
You know it's hopeless when the DIY people say to go to the store!

perpetual98
11/14/2011, 01:30 PM
There's several mods for the Seaclone that I've seen when I was searching. I think modification of the riser tubes, and the bio-ball mod for the maxi-jet were two that stick out in my head. I'm not even sure I have all of the parts for mine around, but if I can dig them up, I might try tweaking it to work on my 46 bow.

Allmost
11/14/2011, 01:32 PM
I'd like to have a small skimmer for the Q-tank. My old seaclone skimmer never actually skimmed and when I hooked it up yesterday, it started leaking current into the tank. So either it's going in the trash, or I'm going to modify it to work a little better.

Any thoughts?

The way it's built, it might be hard to make it a recirculating skimmer. Also, since you can't control the output of the skimmer, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. Plus, now I need a new pump...

Mark

honestly, a new pump would cost you as much as a new skimmer would !

like the vertex IN ones, are prety good in price !

seaclone ? you can turn it into a in sump media reactor.