PDA

View Full Version : Hello! and help me chose a website to buy from!

Head_reefer
11/14/2011, 05:34 PM
Hello, I have been lurking for a few months now. I'm not new to the hobby but i am new to buying live stock online, can anyone give me some reviews?

I've heard some horror stories about liveaquaria and aquacon So i defiantly do not want to order from them.

BeanMachine
11/14/2011, 05:37 PM
I've had nothing but great experiences from Live Aquaria. And their 14 day guarantee on almost all their livestock is second to none.

Head_reefer
11/14/2011, 05:40 PM
How does the 14-day guarantee work?

BeanMachine
11/14/2011, 05:53 PM
I've never had to use the guaranty as the fish I've ordered have all been really healthy and eating, but here is the link.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general.cfm?general_pagesid=23

Maybe others can chime in on how it works exactly.

The last fish I ordered from Live Aquaria was a terminal male c lineatus wrasse and it came to my door healthy and happy. The reason I ordered it from them and not a LFS around me was their guaranty especially when spending a couple hundred dollars on a fish.

Head_reefer
11/14/2011, 06:05 PM
Wow, That's a good deal. One of my fellow reef-keeping buddies gave me a call and told me to check out www.reef-nuts.com

They also have a similar return policy.

Anyone have experience with them?

aandfsoccr04
11/14/2011, 06:28 PM
Blue zoo aquatics and vivid aquariums are often recommended here. Just do a search before you buy and see what the reviews are.

Head_reefer
11/14/2011, 06:56 PM
Eh, I'm going to give reef-nuts.com a try.

It says it may take 3 days to process the members account but you get two free ricordea

Then after that you can use the account to order with the discounted members price

Hyperion1337
11/14/2011, 07:55 PM
Never buy from Aquacon trust me, terrible service. Id recomend bluezooaquatics and liveaquaria, their stuff are great!

Head_reefer
11/14/2011, 08:08 PM
Well i just got my confirmation from reef-nuts, they say they will have my account set up in a couple days

tkeracer619
11/14/2011, 08:14 PM
My favorite is live aquaria Divers Den. It is not the standard live aquaria. The fish have been in their tanks for a while, are eating, are the best of the best, and have been quarantined.

You have limited stock to pick from but its worth the wait. Everything is what you see is what you get.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/

Sm1nts2escape
11/15/2011, 12:23 AM
I would recommend eyepoppincorals.com. I am new to the hobby and spoke to Steve over there about everything. He was very nice and very helpful. Didn't mind spending the time to help me out which is rare nowadays...He also hooked me up with a very good package deal on all the equipement I ordered. Top notch customer service :)

dzfish17
11/15/2011, 12:44 AM
My favorite is live aquaria Divers Den. It is not the standard live aquaria. The fish have been in their tanks for a while, are eating, are the best of the best, and have been quarantined.

You have limited stock to pick from but its worth the wait. Everything is what you see is what you get.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/

+1 Ive had a few glitches with some orders from LA but the DD stuff has been great.

brunoboarder244
11/17/2011, 03:07 PM
Well i just got my confirmation from reef-nuts, they say they will have my account set up in a couple days

let me know if the deals you get with membership is worth buying it and what does shipping usually cost from them?

snorvich
11/17/2011, 03:49 PM
Wow, That's a good deal. One of my fellow reef-keeping buddies gave me a call and told me to check out www.reef-nuts.com

They also have a similar return policy.

Anyone have experience with them?

Actually, Drs. Foster and Smith and Reef-nuts warranty policies are not the same. Read very carefully before you assume such. Also, shipping is not the same and is more expensive with Reef-nuts.

Aquacon has the worst reputation in the industry. Drs. Foster and Smith has years of successful marine life sales.

KeysKid
11/17/2011, 06:04 PM
Ive had a great experience from saltwaterfish.com

Ive ordered fish and inverts from them 3 different times and had 100 percent survival rate and were on time.