PDA

View Full Version : Rewiring a aqua-light 48 inch.

Pgaks3
11/15/2011, 02:57 AM
I'm gathering what I need to make the switch to saltwater. I picked up a 48 inch aqualight that is wired for 6 55/65w pc. It has 3 workhorse 5 120v ballasts. At least half the connectors are missing pins. My question is should i rewire the light for t5 bulbs or just replace the connectors that are broke and stick with pc bulbs.

The tank is a 55g with a 29g as a sump/fuge, i plan on a lightly stocked ranked with corals, mostly sps since they are easier to care for. Maybe move on to lps once i get more confident. Any input is appreciated.

Sheb

ati70cutlass
11/19/2011, 08:21 PM
sps and pc dont mix to well. id go t5 with reflectors and the wh ballasts have done well for me but some might complain about thier not being spec t5. all in all ive had good luck with them. you will need to step up to at least a wh5 if not a 7 to accomodate the bulbs needed. you can run 2x54 on a wh5 or 4x54 on a wh7.. go to the fulham.com site and you can see the wiring diagram.
sps are not easier than lps in anyway shape or form. i think you may mean softies, then lps and finally when your confident sps. if you need more help let me know