PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in Miami

teddyzaper
11/15/2011, 09:50 PM
SUP GUYS! im going to Miami florida for christmas (and a couple days before/after) and was wondering where i MUST go (aquarium related). Are there any conventions or other stuff like that going on around christmas? it needs to be within a 1hr drive of Miami. What fish stores do i need to go to. Names are enough, i know how to use google. Thanks!

betamed
11/15/2011, 11:01 PM
I live just north of miami and my favorite stores are Coral reef farm and all fish emporium. Check out the FMAS forum on reef central there is a LFS sticky and if you search there's a few posts regarding the same question

markster33139
11/16/2011, 06:32 AM
VIP Aquariums in South Miami is also a must

markster33139
11/16/2011, 06:33 AM
Sorry I meant VIP Reef Aquariums.

SirReefer
11/16/2011, 07:34 AM
Vip reef aquarium, exotic aquarium, coral reef farm are good stores to visit. Other than that, if u get a chance to snorkel off the keys itll be an even better experience. Or u can just go to the miami seaquarium lol nice huge tank in the middle. Gl

lilpatty19
11/16/2011, 08:43 AM
Beverlys Pet Center, Allpets & Allfish Emporium, Coral Kingdom

Ron Reefman
11/16/2011, 09:00 AM
Find a way to get down to John Penacamp State Park and do a 90 minute snorkel off one of their snorkel boats. They take you out to some pretty nice reefs. If you can find the time and haven't been snorkeling before, this is a stop you won't soon forget. I live in SW Florida and my wife and I make 3-6 long weekend trips every year to snorkel various places in the Keys. And for somebody from Washington, I think you'll find the water is 'comfortable' in the upper 60's to lower 70's even in December. Being a local, I think it's cold and wear a wet suit, but I've been completely 'Floridized' over the last 12 years! In August and September the Keys shallow waters are around 90F. LOL!

teddyzaper
11/16/2011, 01:14 PM
Awesome! Please post some pictures when you get back!

I hope to! i am going to make a list of all these places and try to make it.
I will talk to my mom about snorkeling. And, although i live in Washington, I'm a Cali boy and would never think about touching this water :lolspin: