PDA

View Full Version : Non hosting clowns

evilvelle
11/16/2011, 03:51 PM
I've been wanting to get an anenome for my clown pair but have heard stories of them not hosting. I think the coolest thing is seeing clowns in anenomes. I've been leaning toward a bubble tip but if clowns don't host it that would just suck. Any ideas on helping the clowns host?

nino4u
11/16/2011, 06:10 PM
What kind of of clown you have?
is it a

PINK SKUNK CLOWN,
MAROON CLOWN,
TOMATO CLOWN,
CLARK'S CLOWN(clarkii),
False/True Percula Clown, etc...

evilvelle
11/16/2011, 06:18 PM
pair of caramel clowns

Zagzoo71
11/16/2011, 09:08 PM
I've been wanting to get an anenome for my clown pair but have heard stories of them not hosting. I think the coolest thing is seeing clowns in anenomes. I've been leaning toward a bubble tip but if clowns don't host it that would just suck. Any ideas on helping the clowns host?

I have 2 False/True Percula Clowns, about 2 1/2" long... been in my tank 1 month, over last weekend I introduced a RBTA. The RBTA disc is a bout 3-4" round.. it is full inflated (as of last night), my 2 clowns look at it swim by it them take off... I have read 1 hr to 6 months down the road for them to be happy together.

jeff@zina.com
11/17/2011, 07:42 AM
Percula and Occelaris don't normally host in a BTA. They may never choose to. Or they may take to it immediately. Haddoni is a better bet if you want the clowns to use it, a worse bet if you're new to anemones.

Jeff