PDA

View Full Version : Fish suggestions

sponger0
11/17/2011, 09:11 AM
I have a 40 breeder that is cycling. Im looking for some input on the fish. I currently have a Ruby head wrasse in QT right now but interested on input from others in their experience.

Things Im considering or would like:
Royal Gramma
Red Occelated Dragonette
Cardinals
Single clown (tangerine, snowflake, picasso)
Starry Blenny
Flame Hawkfish
Assessor(blue)
Jawfish

The clown and Starry are the only ones I am definately going to get.

Reefing Newbie
11/17/2011, 09:26 AM
A blue or gold assessor would look really nice in your tank. May I also suggest a Pygmy wrasse or possum wrasse? They have great color in a small size!

sponger0
11/17/2011, 09:27 AM
A blue or gold assessor would look really nice in your tank. May I also suggest a Pygmy wrasse or possum wrasse? They have great color in a small size!

Im just concerned about an assessor and wrasse in the same tank. I already have my wrasse sitting in QT waiting for his new home. Im not two keen on tryin to put 2 wrasses in my tank. Its too small

Reefing Newbie
11/17/2011, 09:34 AM
I think assessors are peaceful and you shouldn't have a problem that I am aware of. The Pygmy wrasses don't look like fairy wrasses and Pygmy wrasses are perfectly fine with other wrasses although you have a point. The jaw fish would be good as well and if you wanted you could do a pistol shrimp and goby pair instead, very interesting to watch BTW.

sponger0
11/17/2011, 09:40 AM
Think Ill have to do some more research on a blue assessor.

I wanted to a goby shrimp pair but havent seen too many gobies I say ooh ooh I want that lol. Also I really like cleaner shrimps

AlfieReef
11/17/2011, 12:38 PM
Royal Grammas are harder to keep than the others, they are usually shy.

AlfieReef
11/17/2011, 12:39 PM
Dragonette will also be harder to keep as your tank is new, there's probably not much pods for him in the tank to feed on.