PDA

View Full Version : Stumped

dflad
11/17/2011, 10:20 AM
So in my ongoing battle to access my AC3 from outside my network I have hit a wall. I feel that I have tried about everything, but painfully I have only gained access briefly to the controller. Said connection was quickly lost never to be found again and access to my controller has stayed within the friendly confines of my home network.

My Setup - I am running an AC3 via an Airport express that is wirelessly connected to my airport base station. I am using the Airport base station as a router that is in bridge mode with my verizon actiontec DSL modem. I am unable to open any ports on my actiontec modem in bridge mode (or any mode for that matter) and this has precluded my ability to interface with my controller. I have tried following the instructions laid out in previous posts, but they were guides for older modem utilities and do not apply to my modem.

Note - When running in non-bridge mode I was able to futz with the IPs and ports and briefly get access for one fleeting connection outside of the network, then I lost said connection and was never able to regain it. I was able to open the port (8080) on my airport base station that is set to interface my controller with the world, but I have never been able to do so on my modem.

Any tips? I'm about at my wits end with this.

kenargo
11/17/2011, 07:53 PM
I have some screens of a configured Airport; maybe they can help.

http://www.kenargo.com/portForwarding/AirportExtreme.htm