PDA

View Full Version : Is Giesemann still a good choice?

jonnybravo22
11/20/2011, 09:31 PM
Hello all,

Considering new lighting options (currently have AI Sols).

Before getting them, I thought about getting the Giesemann Infiniti 1 x 250 watt HQI + 4 x 24 watt T5.

In this day of LEDs popping up left and right, does anyone still use this unit? Hard to tell how popular it is. Can anyone post a reply if they use this light and maybe any pictures you have handy of your tank?

Thanks for any responses!

karsseboom
11/21/2011, 01:57 AM
Yes more people run MH and t5 then anything else. There are just a few options when considering leds that are proven to work well with sps, so not to many use them. Giesemann is the one of the nicest fixtures you can buy.

jonnybravo22
11/21/2011, 09:28 AM
yeah, i figure that's the case. do you use giesemann?

my main objective is to get opinions on the giesemann fixture to see if there are issues with it long term or if i should go with something else like an ATI fixture.

Chris27
11/21/2011, 09:38 AM
It's hard to beat the quality of a Gieseman fixture....you just don't see them very much because they are expensive.

karsseboom
11/21/2011, 11:44 AM
No I run radiums on my tank. I don't really like fixtures that much cause I need a more powerful reflector. IMO I would go with the ati

SkullV
11/21/2011, 12:04 PM
No I run radiums on my tank. I don't really like fixtures that much cause I need a more powerful reflector. IMO I would go with the ati

Radium is a bulb, not a fixture. What fixture do you run over your tank?

mossyoaktoe
11/21/2011, 12:21 PM
If AI sols weren't cutting it for you it sounds like you need some serious lighting. In that case, I'd say to nix te fixture idea and build a rack to house a couple lumenmax's or lumenarcs. They will put out some serious light!

jonnybravo22
11/22/2011, 01:42 AM
its not par i need. its color i'm looking for

rwb500
11/22/2011, 02:16 AM
MH/T5 will give you the best color for sure. You can pick your starting point with the MH bulb and then fine tune with various T5 bulbs. LED gives you the ability to tune the color very easily as well, but some people dont like it. MH/T5 is still the king.

i have a giesemann fixture and it is very nice.

karsseboom
11/22/2011, 02:18 AM
Radium is a bulb, not a fixture. What fixture do you run over your tank?

I have the lumen bright mini, thats not really a fixture more of a pendant. I dont like MH fixtures because they don't have the spread and par numbers a good reflectors has.

Reefnub
11/22/2011, 03:05 AM
I have a 48" giesemann and i'm really satisfied with the quality of the fixture. I swapped out my bulbs recently to 3 aqua blue plus, 1 fiji purple and for MH I got 2 20k hamilton. Love the color and growth!

ganjero
11/22/2011, 07:43 AM
I have the lumen bright mini, thats not really a fixture more of a pendant. I dont like MH fixtures because they don't have the spread and par numbers a good reflectors has.
Well, there are fixtures with lumebright reflectors and reflectors similar to the lumenarc design that also come with T5s and LEDs.

Giesemann makes solid fixtures but they are expensive and their MH reflectors won’t give you the best spread, there are better option out there.
If what you are looking for is to tweak the colors I would get the ATI T5.

mossyoaktoe
11/22/2011, 10:14 AM
Well, there are fixtures with lumebright reflectors and reflectors similar to the lumenarc design that also come with T5s and LEDs.

Giesemann makes solid fixtures but they are expensive and their MH reflectors won’t give you the best spread, there are better option out there.
If what you are looking for is to tweak the colors I would get the ATI T5.

Spot on, if color is what you care for over all else, all T5HO will let you have the most "play." Plus, 6 or more T5HO bulbs will grow anything your heart desires, especially of you go with ATI bulbs.