PDA

View Full Version : Booster pump with permeate pump

Chatouille
11/21/2011, 03:23 PM
Russ-

just wanted to check back with you about using a booster pump with a permeate pump. I have one of your home/reef system hooked up RO to the sink, fridge, and RO/DI to storage container.

I was curious if it would damage the booster pump, because of the way a permeate pump cycles. My delivery pump gives a warning about how many times per minute it can safely cycle, and I wasn't sure if a booster pump was the same.

Buckeye Hydro
11/22/2011, 12:15 PM
Using a booster pump with a permeate pump is just fine. You might want to switch to the shut off solenoid rather than the more typical four-ported hydraulic shut off valve.

Russ

Chatouille
11/22/2011, 02:12 PM
Ok... so then would I replace the ASOV with a solenoid to control the booster pump correct? Are there any special considerations when replacing the ASOV with the pressure switch since I had a diaphragmed storage tank to supply RO to the fridge?

Would there be anything other than the BFS-427 that I would need to order? (I am planning to hook the booster pump up between the RO/DI unit and the 5 micron sediment prefilter I am using.)

Buckeye Hydro
11/22/2011, 04:17 PM
A pressure switch is used to turn the pump on and off. The same pressure switch controls a solenoid that shuts off water flow to the system. No special considerations.

You'll need:
BFS-415 Shut Off Solenoid Valve, 1/4 inch, 24 vAC - $21.79
BFS-540 Wiring Harness Pigtail - $4.79

Russ