PDA

View Full Version : Feeding time!!!

Palting
11/21/2011, 07:22 PM
I was always fascinated with how the naso would come up and nibble food off my fingers. Well, it seems like most of the fish have learned the trick!! They follow you around like puppies, then eagerly take what you give them, right off your fingers. here are the little piggies:

<object width="1280" height="720"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yeH4kDVAM0Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yeH4kDVAM0Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1280" height="720" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Misled
11/21/2011, 07:39 PM
Nice fish!!! Cool vid except the guy crossing in front of the tank at the beginning!!! :lol: How many cardinals do you have?? Ever seen any breeding paterns???

Palting
11/21/2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks, I think :). I was trying to show how those pigs of fish will follow the food packet around by waving my arm across the front of the tank. Didn't realize that my arm was getting in the way of the view. Kind of a good thing, otherwise you'd be watching from underneath my armpit LOL! ;).

I have three pajama cardinals. One adult, definitely male, and two smaller one's I think are female. I think the females are still too juvenile for breeding patterns. They just hang out all together at one part of the tank. I hope I have them sexed correctly. It would be cool if they did breed!

jacob.morgan78
11/21/2011, 09:24 PM
Very cool, I like how you've stocked the tank

Misled
11/21/2011, 09:34 PM
I have one large male and two smaller females also. Mine have been together for 4 years. One of the females gets the raw end of things. She can only eat when the other two are done. All three tend to stay in the caves of the rockwork most of the time. Still waiting for something myself.

Reefing Newbie
11/21/2011, 09:51 PM
I am very impressed with your tank Palting, and am still loving your tennenti tang! He looks like a pig, fat and happy! It seems like the four tangs get most of what you feed lol.

Palting
11/22/2011, 07:33 AM
Thanks. The tennenti was the first of my tangs. He immediately went to work, grazing on any algae he could find. He is easily the most vigorous and most consistent algae eater among my 4 tangs.