PDA

View Full Version : Another help me choose LED thread

mule31
11/22/2011, 07:10 PM
First, sorry for posting another help me pick led thread. I have done a ton of searching and googling and I'm having trouble making a choice. It is obviously an expensive purchase so I dont want to screw it up.

I have a 90 gallon mixed tank. Mostly high end lps and a few sps. The tank will have mostly SPS and LPS with a number of bta and rbtas when I'm done with it. I know that they can move but I will have separate islands for the nems so it should minimize the walking.

My issues are:

1) The wife requires I have a canopy on my tank. Right now I have a stock canopy that lets me hang lights about 7 to 8 inches off the water. I can build a canopy but the max I will be able to get them off the water is 10inches. I will have to keep a canopy on my tank

2) All the add on features with the Ecotech LED are nice, but not needed. But the lack of full color spectrum has me concerned with the AI Sols.

3) I have no problem buying 2 AI Sols or 2 Ecotechs, but don't want to have to shell out for 3 of either units.

4) Is there a third option besides the AI or Ecotech that I am not considering that may be a better choice?

5) Right now I am running 6 T5s that run about 324 watts or so, is there one option or the other that would save me more energy and cut some expenses on my tank

3)