PDA

View Full Version : Can anything live with GSP?

souperman
11/25/2011, 02:15 PM
I have a rock I had planned on growing an island of GSP that I could keep isolated from the rest of my tank. It is a large rock and I was wondering if I'd be able to mix any other corals with it?

cloak
11/25/2011, 02:33 PM
I don't think you'll have any problems mixing corals as long as your running carbon and are doing water changes on a regular basis..

souperman
11/25/2011, 03:08 PM
I'm more concerned with something that could resist the relentless growth of the GSP on the same island of rock. I don't believe the GSP has and sting or chemical weapon?

Austinchap
11/25/2011, 03:24 PM
My GSP was stinging our Lobo. It was either stinging it or irritating it.

Mldukes
11/25/2011, 03:32 PM
unfortunately some of my GSP has grown a lil too close to a Zoa colony... The Zoas that are being touched never fully open. So there is some kind of war goin on there and the zoas are retreating.

cloak
11/25/2011, 03:34 PM
I'm more concerned with something that could resist the relentless growth of the GSP on the same island of rock. I don't believe the GSP has and sting or chemical weapon?

You could try putting a torch coral on the same rock if you like. It should be able to keep the GSP at bay.

NanoReefWanabe
11/25/2011, 05:35 PM
You could try putting a torch coral on the same rock if you like. It should be able to keep the GSP at bay.

my guess is GSP will simply climb the skeleton and suffocate the euphyllia species...

i dont think there is anything that will co exist with the GSP

cloak
11/25/2011, 06:00 PM
my guess is GSP will simply climb the skeleton and suffocate the euphyllia species...

i dont think there is anything that will co exist with the GSP

I could see how that could happen, but then again GSP need light. As the torch coral expands and grows it will cast a shadow. This will slow down if not stop the GSP from progressing. At least that's was the case with mine, not to mention the sting these things pack. There's a meaning behind that name.

souperman
11/27/2011, 01:21 PM
Would it be a death sentence to mix some purple star polyps on the other end of the rock?